jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Possible to change the web page name?

1. lewgard profile image60
    lewgardposted 8 years ago

Is is possible to change my hub's web page name after it has been published?  Thank you

2. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

If you mean the URL - no, it's not possible. You can edit the name of the page, but the URL will remain the same.

3. lewgard profile image60
    lewgardposted 8 years ago

Thanks Mark.  That's what I thought, but nice to hear a confirmation.

4. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

My pleasure. You can always start a new hub, migrate the capsules and delete the old one. I have done that a few times after making a mistake.

5. David678 profile image60
    David678posted 8 years ago

Thanks for that Mark

I am a newby to Hub too so appreciated your anwser to the same question.

I just want to ask you to read the following to see if I have got it all straight:
    So what you are suggesting is that if the original article I have written really needs a different heading - which is what I now realise (that each article/hub should have a web address that relates to that particular article) then that original article can be cut and pasted onto a new hub title page with the more appropriate name related to that subject, then... on the current web address the hub can be replaced with an article that relates better to the name I originally chose, then this action is allowed by HubPages? (The Hub article I am referring to is also called a 'capsule', correct?)

Would appreciate you confirming that I DO have this correct.

I chose a generic name to do with Health because I thought I would put up quite a number of articles on that subject - thinking that they would all go onto that same page. But what I realise now is that every article needs its own web address with the title that relates to that particular article.

So hope you can confirm this as I don't want to experience the wrath of Hub!!!