jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Splitting pagerank weight

1. easyspeak profile image80
    easyspeakposted 6 years ago

Do you put one anchor text backlink in an article or two?  Does it decrease the value of a backlink to include more than one?

1. TerryGl profile image62
      TerryGlposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I put one anchor text link within the second and third paragraph of my article, if the site allows. If not one anchor text link in the bio.

I also have a url in the bio so if the article is scrapped or reprinted at least the url will show.

Yahoo loves links surrounded by content, that's why the anchor text link in the paragraphs 2 or 3.

2. johnr54 profile image72
    johnr54posted 6 years ago

If you want to put 2 links in they should be to different pages.  More than one to page does little or no more good than one.

3. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 6 years ago

yes, your page offers one vote to the system... one link to one site imparts a full vote from your site... 5 links to sites imparts 20 percent of your pages vote to each site. Thats why excessive linking is useless and unecessary... your page also has vote strength.... wikipedia might impart five links to the same sites you do but their links will cast a bigger PR to those sites... kinda like difficulty rate in diving depending on how complicated  the dive is....

i'll post the link to pageRank so you can see 4 yourself...

( Note that they have recently tweaked their algorithm , so not sure if this is up to date )

Google describes PageRank:[4]

“ PageRank relies on the uniquely democratic nature of the web by using its vast link structure as an indicator of an individual page's value. In essence, Google interprets a link from page A to page B as a vote, by page A, for page B. But, Google looks at more than the sheer volume of votes, or links a page receives; it also analyzes the page that casts the vote. Votes cast by pages that are themselves "important" weigh more heavily and help to make other pages "important

1. Misha profile image74
      Mishaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Again, close to the truth, but still no truth LOL

Usually a page that contains your article has a few dozen other links, and link juice get evenly divided between all of them, no matter where they link to.

Say for example it has a couple dozen other links. Then you are talking the difference between 1/25 and 1/29 for one or five links placement, which is much less dramatic than all or 1/5, as you suggested. smile

1. mel22 profile image60
        mel22posted 6 years ago in reply to this

What... your uttering nonsensical numbers...you make no sense... the link is there ... you got the brains of a donkeys butt

1. johnr54 profile image72
          johnr54posted 6 years ago in reply to this

My understanding is the same as Misha's on this.  A typical hubpage hub might have 70 to 200 links on it (remember internal links count as well), depending on the number of links in the article, number of comments, etc.  If for simplicity's sake we say it had 98, and you put 2 links in it, you would be getting 2/100 of the PR of the page to your pages, but if you only put 1 link on it, you'd get 1/99 of the PR to your site, which is in pretty much 1/2 the PR.

You can easily check the number of links on a page using the Quirk Search Status plugin for Firefox.

2. Peter Hoggan profile image85
          Peter Hogganposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree with Misha, but if you have any doubts take a look at the PageRank algo, it is after all in the public domain and easy to check.

4. easyspeak profile image80
    easyspeakposted 6 years ago

great info guys.  thanks.