jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

starting my first hub

1. 59
    bearlyposted 5 years ago

I'm trying to put up my first hub and after I put in the title It fills in the url with the same thing I tried to change it to the link I wanted but It says I can't use forward slashes .I tried shortening the link but they all seem to have the slash or come up with the error .What do I do?

2. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Welcome to HubPages! smile

When you enter the title into the top box, it fills in the URL.

You cannot put links into the title.

You cannot change the URL to anything other than your title, upon first creation of the hub.

When you've created the hub and it's unpublished, then you can edit the hub and change the title if you like.

Insert the words you want in the URL, in the title box. Only the words work. You cannot use backslashes for your title. You can use : or - or underscore and that's it.

I hope that helped. smile

1. 59
      bearlyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I got that now I'm on the next screen after that and it says type the two words in, I imagine its a capture code or something but I don't see the box do I  need something to display this or what .

Thanks again, Bill

1. Cagsil profile image84
        Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The captcha should have a white box just below the letters. This is something new Hubpages has started. If the box does not appear, then I would say you might have a browser issue.

I am using Firefox for browsing online. IE doesn't work well on Hubpages. Though Hubpages Staff is trying to make it more compatible.

I'm not sure how to help you any further. It might be best to see if someone else here can help or send an email to Team@Hubpages.com attention staff.

I hope you get it figured out. smile

1. 59
          bearlyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks I figured that was probably it as it was missing on another article sight I was signing up for .

Thanks again I appreciate your help.

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image94
        mistyhorizon2003posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Are you sure this isn't asking you for the minimum of 'two tags' for your hub... in other words two words or short phrases relevant to your hub e.g.'how to', or 'cute pets' 'hair cuts' etc ?

If so these are not 'capture codes' simply words that search engines will associate with your hubs when people look for that kind of information. Two is not the limit by the way, only the minimum. Too many will result in a message on the hub from hubpages though. Try to keep it to a level of no more than 20 that are very keyword relevant if you can.