jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Writing Venues on the Internet

1. tsmog profile image84
    tsmogposted 5 years ago

I would like to know what are the major writing types, styles, venues for the internet. So Far I have learned what a hub is and what a blog is, I hope. Are there more? And briefly what are they. Is there a good hub here that explains this. I have been exposed to much wonderous information here, yet absorbing it is a little overwhelming. So, I want to begin with the basics of writing on the internet, while publishing hubs and commenting on my new blog spot, which I believe are different writing formats. All advice, comments, and leads to sources are welcomed and appreciated.

1. sofs profile image86
      sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

There are many hubs that tell you all you need to know about other good article submission sites and what they have to offer.. do a search for home jobs or internet writing   and you will find a number of hubs to read from.  Best wishes to you!

2. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

Tsmog -- The Internet is your oyster if you're a decent writer. Literally. I'm a bit too exhausted right now to give you a comprehensive overview, but please PM me through my profile if you want a list of sites. I'm happy to help. As long as you're good, that is. If you suck, go away. smile

1. tsmog profile image84
      tsmogposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Irohner , , ,I will, yet decent I am not sure. I am still absorbing so much information while realizing I should just start posting hubs. Hub Pages isn't what I thought, even thought it is goes beyond expectations. Now, I have a good idea what a hub is and what a blog is. Now, I desire to write on both while merging them for learning linking etc. I think I need a good book or ebook. Thank you again, and remember to have fun, fun, fun

3. Ultimate Hubber profile image80
    Ultimate Hubberposted 5 years ago

I wrote a hub on this topic some time ago. Here it is: http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Make-Mon … -Instantly

The information on this hub needs to be updated as hubpages is no more the best writing website IMO.

4. 2uesday profile image88
    2uesdayposted 5 years ago

Thank you for asking this question, I will be interested to read the responses to it.

I am looking for a site for writer's who wish to develop and 'stretch' their creative writing skills. Ideally it would offer constructive but not destructive crtique of writer's work.

However I will continue to use HubPages for 'practical' magazine style article writing.

I have attempted to write for Squidoo but find the process of putting together the articles there more time consuming than making a hub page. I have to admit that I am not good at promoting and getting traffic to the few lenses I have put together.

I have several (Blogspot) blogs but they are really about experimenting to see what works for my style of writing and interests. From the blogs that I have put together I have learnt about working a theme to adjust colours and layout to suit my own style.

BTW. If anyone is not happy with the set colours of the templates etc. and wants to alter them it is not difficult to do.  You need the to edit them with the Advanced button on the Template designer to make adjustments to colours and widths for texts and side bars.

5. mdlawyer profile image61
    mdlawyerposted 5 years ago

An active presence in the forums and discussions will equip you in the techniques of Internet publishing