jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

BrightHub...the way HubPages should be?

1. tritrain profile image74
    tritrainposted 5 years ago

BrightHub is very similar to HubPages in design and use....however, it differs in one special way. 

It is limited to a narrow selection of writers.  I believe they had to qualify.

Maybe HubPages should head in that direction?

1. thisisoli profile image62
      thisisoliposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Bright hub has writers, editors, and managing editors. The quality on bright hub is great, however the amount of work and re-writes makes it a little too much for some writers, even with the initial $10 benefit.

If anything Bright Hub is becoming more like Hubpages, they are relaxing a little.

2. BobbiRant profile image61
    BobbiRantposted 5 years ago

This site probably should head there.  I don't know what kind of recognition it gets on Google, but the site looks like something I may try.

tritrainposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Wouldn't it be nice if HubPages would sell the use of their script and allow a kickback of say...10% impressions?

We could see how we do on our own, with a few friends.  big_smile

3. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

Brighthub is completely different from HubPages -- not even close.

They have specific categories that they publish on, very specific guidelines for choosing keywords/topics they go after and every single article is vetted by a live editor (I am one of those editors).

There is an upfront payment for each article plus RevShare -- a very different business model from HP.

Writers have to go through an application process that includes writing samples. That doesn't help -- there are many folks out there who outsource their resumes/samples. That's where the live editors come in. We find them as soon as they actually start writing. smile

tritrainposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I like the idea of HubPages and putting the marketing, linkbuilding, updating of the Hub, on the writer.

Once the article is sold to a site, including BrightHub, then there is no longer much reason for the writer to stay involved.

Is that how I am understanding BrightHub?  I like that it vets the writers and writings before being published.  I think that is smart growth.

1. lrohner profile image84
        lrohnerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

For the most part, yes.

It's really just an industry standard. Sites that offer any type of upfront payment usually have editorial discretion before pieces are published. True RevShare sites typically don't.

working