jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Re Hub on Open software

1. salt profile image65
    saltposted 5 years ago

I have a hub on opensource software, which is apparently not ok as it relates to free downloads. I thought that was part of the community spirit of the internet? Anyway, didnt know it was not permissable. Is there a way of re writing so it can still be written, but from a different perspective?

2. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

What is the exact warning message on the hub?

3. salt profile image65
    saltposted 5 years ago

I am working from memory here, but no writing on free downloads. Violates terms of use...

4. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

Are you sure it's not just in a saturated topic?

Is there an actual warning on your hub?

Saturated topics will have a warning such as "This hub is about MLM" or "This hub is about forex". It doesn't mean they're going to be unpublished, it just means they're held to a higher editorial standard and you can't post affiliate links in them.

5. salt profile image65
    saltposted 5 years ago

Ill recheck it.

6. salt profile image65
    saltposted 5 years ago

We have detected that this Hub may be about free downloads. Consequently, we will not permit any affiliate links in this Hub. Furthermore, this Hub must be approved by a moderator prior to re-publication. Hubs written on this topic must also be informative and of exceptional quality.

If you feel that your Hub is not, in fact, about free downloads, then please contact the HubPages Team and we will consider removing these restrictions.
    Opensource software click to edit

I am pretty sure there are no affiliate links. Ill have to check it properly. Ive also found a great social network software that looks brilliant that I want to learn to use.

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

This is a normal warning that actually means absolutely nothing. Any hub written in a saturated topic has this warning. Unless you're a spammer, ignore it.

1. salt profile image65
        saltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, because some of these downloads are fantastic. Or open software is. I appreciate the use I get from it and know that it can make a difference to people who cant access windows.

working