How to search tags that were entered when a Request was created?

1. Sally's Trove profile image100
    Sally's Troveposted 8 years ago

When you create a Request, you can add tags.  But how do you search those tags (other than in the Browse by Tag sidebar on the Hub Requests page, where only a limited number of tags appear)?

On the Request a Hub page, in the Tags sidebar, is this statement: 

Tags are keywords and phrases that describe your Question. They will help appropriate authors find your question. Tags should include descriptive words and phrases.

On the Hub Requests page, you can search in the Search Requests sidebar.  However, it appears that the words you key in there are being searched only in the titles of a requests, not in the tags.

For example, the Request "When is it good to say what's on your mind?  When isn't it?" contains these tags, among others:  freedom of speech, braveheart, fear of speaking, advice, opinion.  But when you key in any of these, you won't find the Request.  If you key in the word "good," which is in the title but not in the tags, you will.

Can anyone tell me how to search the tags in Requests?  Thanks! smile

2. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

You can't search the tags, but you can browse requests by tag, just look down the right column for the box that says "browse by tag" here (or "related tags" after you've already clicked a tag).  We also use the tags of requests and the tags of the hubs you've written to you to come up with the recommended requests list.

3. Sally's Trove profile image100
    Sally's Troveposted 8 years ago

Thanks for the quick response, Paul. 

So what you're saying is that you can't search Request tags directly in order to find Requests that contain the tags you're interested in.  I think that would be a great feature, and much in line with the statement "...They [tags] will help appropriate authors find your question..."  Especially since tags can sometimes be more revealing of a Request than the text of the Request itself.

Is it possible to implement this kind of search?  The reason I ask is because I think Requests can be even more valuable than they are as a creative nudge to writers and as a way of increasing your presence on HubPages.  Having this kind of search in place, I think, would increase the number of Requests and the number of responding Hubs.

Also, thanks for the info on how one's own Hub tags are used to come up with a "recommended for you"  Requests list.  I was wondering about that.

One more thing...the link in your post to the "browse by tag" doesn't seem to be working.

Best regards,