I am writing a report on the topic, "10 Things You Should Know Before Visiting a Dentist" I am unable to find much information on it. I either get, "Top 10 Facts Your Dentist Wants You to Know" or something like "How to choose a right dentist" Can you help me with this?
What kind of help are you looking for?
Btw- you put this in the wrong category, which I've reported to Staff, so they will move it to the correct category. The "Need Help? Ask Here" category is about getting help with Hubpages. It's not a general category for asking for help. At least, last time I checked it wasn't. Unless that's now changed to, but so far it hasn't. Do not delete your OP, staff will move it.
I am looking for ideas to sources where I can get the information about the topic and prepare the report.
And only very lazy people don't go past the first page.
1. Where is it? It's important to know where the dentist is before setting off.
2. Have I got my wallet? Can be embarassing if you turn up without it.
3. Do I need sandwiches? Sometimes an appointment can be delayed, or perhaps you just got the wrong time. Some sandwiches will help, especially if it's near to lunch time.
4. My blood type. Might be useful in case of hemorraghing. Can't be bothered to spell check it.
5. The address of an alternative dentist. In case this one starts giving you grief you can just say "right I'm off".
6. Joke teeth. Always good for a laugh.
7. A clean pair of pants. In any human interface situation where a degree of closeness is required it's better to be safe than sorry.
8. Clean shoes. Your shoes will be on display at all times. Not nice to see a pair of dirty pooh stained shoes while you're laid on the slab, er, chair.
9. I haven't got a number 9. Oh I know - make your pockets do not contain a small rodent.
10.A straw for having that celebratory Starbucks afterwards.
Ask if you need to be pre-medicated before any invasive work. Since I have two faulty heart valves, I have to take a megadose of antibiotics before I see the dentist.
I'd think knowing what your dental insurance covers beforehand would be important, too, along with finding out what the co-pay will be. I don't have dental insurance, so I always try to find out how much procedures are going to cost when I make my appointment.
If you have sandwiches and joke teeth, you could get all the info you need along the way, I'm sure.
Always ask to examine the teeth of the dentist and staff before allowing any work to be done on yours.
by Holly7 years ago
I was in a forum and some one made a comment to me. I clicked to see his profile before I answered, and what I read was my intro- word for word. He copied and pasted it for his...I am not too sure what to do about this...
by kirstenblog7 years ago
I have noticed a few questions asked by newbies that have been asked before and so many times it is probably impossible to count. I have noticed comments of annoyance at the same questions being asked yet again. I am...
by Kalven6 years ago
Hi Guys,I am sorry if I have post this in a wrong thread, since its for the first time, I have a problem with my tooth its really paining. I have visited many dentist and paid them a good amount for dentistry treatment...
by naresha5 years ago
Hi Members.... I am new to this Hubpages.com. After creating new account, I posted new article and it show that "This Hub is not published, only you can see it." - Need Help in this...
by TIMETRAVELER22 years ago
It is bad enough that medical costs have gotten out of control, but now it seems that dental costs are following suit. Unfortunately, there is no insurance you can buy that really protects you in the same way that...
by Cagsil6 years ago
Hey Hubbers,Want to help out an awesome hubber?Shadesbreath is working on promoting his novel via Facebook and blogs.His profile: http://hubpages.com/profile/ShadesbreathBelow is his Facebook page for Dalton Books and...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.