How to Continue Living after a Loved One has Passed Away
Life can be so difficult to get by especially when your loved one passed away, whether he/she is your spouse, a close relative or a best friend. It is so normal to get so lonely but keep in mind that if enormous loneliness sinks in then depression will inevitably inflict harm on you mentally, emotionally and physically. This is can be a tough time for you but you need to keep on living since there are more brighter side in life that is about to unfold in the coming days. Keep on being cheerful although this can be very hard to do and keep on pouncing through for there is always light at the end of the tunnel.
Here are some tips on how to cope up after a loved one has passed away:
- Cry (as much as you can), this will give you comfort and it's normal. This will also help you release the pain you felt inside.
- Find comfort from your family, friends and relatives. Tell them about your heartaches and the difficulties you are going through right now. This will surely give you sigh of relief and it is advisable to do this often.
- It is okay to be very lonely, but see to it that this stage will only last from three to six months, because too much loneliness for a longer period of time will allow depression to sink in. If you are depressed this will have harmful effects to you mentally, emotionally and physically and worst you will not able to tend to the needs of your kids if you have some.
- Minimize or remove things that will remind the memorable time that you have with your deceased loved one. Slowly minimize or remove these things from your home that brings back the pain of losing someone you love. But it is okay to remember him/her once in a while but don't do this often.
- In the first three months you may visit his/her grave, go to beach and any place that is lonely to find solace, to reminisce the good ole days and to have a sort of soul-searching. This will also allow you think of the things that you need to do in the coming days and how to adjust with your present condition.
- Always think that humans are like time bombs and all of us will eventually die, it is just a matter of who comes first. Accepting deaths especially on the part of your loved one will help in alleviating angst and pain.
- Keep yourself busy and don’t let hurt and pain topple you. Find a new hobby or engage in a new sport. Being so busy will keep you going and at the same time makes you physically and mentally fit.
It is normal to be lonely at first. Keep in mind that time heal all wounds. You will feel better at the end just don’t let depression sink in to your system. There are a lot of things to cheer about in life and there are other people around you to share your love, passion and laughter with.
Keep on cheering though this can be so difficult to do. There are a lot of skills left to master, so many new friends to get acquainted with, many great and astonishing places to discover and get excited with and so many activities and experiences to lift your heart and spirits.
My 8th hub in the HubChallenge.
More by this Author
Quiz Bee competition is truly one of the most anticipated events in different school levels – primary, secondary and tertiary. It attempts to test the intellectual abilities of the students in various fields of...
- 7What is quiz bee :: What to do for quiz competition :: What are the possible questions in quiz bee contest
What is quiz bee? It is one of the events held in schools to test the intellectual capabilities of students in different subjects such as science, mathematics, social science, current events, and general knowledge. Some...
Learn about traditional Filipino family values.