How to Save Money Through Daily Activities
There are many ways to save your money and it is not difficult to learn how. You only have to be a little wiser and be concerned. Whether you have plenty of money to buy expensive things, you still have to learn how to save money because in the process you're not just save a lot of money but you'll also save our precious mother earth.
Here are a few ways to save money through daily activities
- Repair leaky faucets an faulty pipes. A drop per second wastes 2,700 gallons per year. Its a hole in your pocket.
- A faucet aerator will reduce water flow by as much as 60 percent.
- When washing the dishes, close the faucet while you soap the plates and other soiled kitchenutensils.
- Drive safely. Park in shade. Avoid road rage. Any aggressive driving wastes gasoline, lowering your highway gas mileage by 33 percent and city mileage by five percent.
- Keep up with car maintenance. A clean air filter - important because it keeps dirt and other foreign particles from entering the engine - can improve gas mileage by as much as 10 percent. Properly inflated and aligned tires will improve gas mileage by three percent.
- By cleaning the lint filter of your dryer after every load, you improve the air circulation.
- Dry towels and heavier cottons separately from your lighter-weight clothes. Don't "over dry" - and if your machine has a moisture sensor (it automatically shuts off once the clothes are dry), use it.
- Regularly defrost your manual-defrost refrigerators and freezers. Don't allow more than one-quarter of an inch of fr0st to build up. Frost buildup decreases energy efficiency.
- Cover liquids and wrap foods stored in the regrigerator. Uncovered foods release moisture and make your fridge work harder.
- Use compact fluorescent lamps (CFL) rather than the regular incandescent or fluorescent bulbs and tubes. CFLs are more expensive but last six to 10 times longer. So in the end, you will be saving money. Also always practice to turn off lights when no longer using it.
- Regularly schedule your air conditioning unit for maintenance and cleaning. Any build up of dust and particles makes it work harder - thus consumes more electricity.
Those are some of the few ways that we can save money as well as our precious mother earth.
If you have something to add please do post them up in the comment section and I will add them up with your profile link.
Recommended for serious readers
More by this Author
There are different types of sleep , sensory,emotional,mental, and physical. Learning how sleep works, can help cure those people with insomnia. The best cure for sleeping disorder is
No comments yet.