I Am Adopting A Tiger,How About You?
SAVE ME AND YOUR GRANDCHILDREN WILL SEE ME!
Tiger Cub Waiting For Mother-Save Our Tigers
Save The Tiger
Tiger,Tiger Burning Bright!
William Blake (1757-1827) wrote this beautiful poem which as a school girl I had to memorize & till today I remember the words that picturize this wonderful creation of God.
TIGER, tiger, burning bright
In the forests of the night,
What immortal hand or eye
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?
In what distant deeps or skies
Burnt the fire of thine eyes?
On what wings dare he aspire?
What the hand dare seize the fire?
And what shoulder and what art
Could twist the sinews of thy heart?
And when thy heart began to beat,
What dread hand and what dread feet?
What the hammer? what the chain?
In what furnace was thy brain?
What the anvil? What dread grasp
Dare its deadly terrors clasp?
When the stars threw down their spears,
And water'd heaven with their tears,
Did He smile His work to see?
Did He who made the lamb make thee?
Tiger, tiger, burning bright
In the forests of the night,
What immortal hand or eye
Dare frame thy fearful symmetry?
Let this poem and some pictures and videos from Youtube not be the only way we can show our children and grandchildren what a tiger is! Yes, to our utter dismay, the tiger is an endangered species today. The world is left with as little as 1411 tigers as against you guessed right,.......All the ads alongside are telling you! That is the campaigning for SAVE THE TIGER!
What is all this fuss about the tiger? So, how does it affect me? Anyway, it is a ferocious animal, what do I care? If this be your attitude, I suggest you come along with me on a journey via this hub,on knowing how it counts to learn about this wonderful creature living in the wild which we may never come face to face with. And yet, keeping this creature alive for the years to come will eventually be profitable for us, yes, all of us!
Every trip to a wildlife sanctuary anywhere in the world is marked with the ubiquitous question, Will I get To See A Tiger ? Boy, seeing one in the wild at a waterhole or shielding its cubs in the heat of the summer sun, is a joy and an experience in itself, to be recounted over and over to friends & family on the luck you had in sighting a tiger in the wild. A trip to the zoo is never complete without seeing the big cats, tigers included,for kids & adults alike. The lion & tiger safari is a big draw all across the globe. And of course, every circus that entertains you with lions and tigers performing acts is remembered for a long time. The roar of a tiger at the crack of the trainer's whip is still fresh in my memory from all those years I have visited the circus or a zoo. Yes, the awe with which one views this powerful beast is not forgotten in a hurry.
Pity, there won't be any tigers left for us to show our children and grandchildren unless we do our very best NOW! Tiger 'economies' thrive on dead tigers. Poachers therefore kill tigers for their skins, meat, bones, teeth,claws and sell them for use in Chinese medicine and for collector's items. The wealthy often displayed tiger skins and stuffed tiger heads in their homes until a few years ago.
WHY IS THE TIGER IMPORTANT TO US?
Tigers are at the top of the food chain. Economic development and human welfare is dependent on his beautiful creature. Maintaining healthy tiger population is necessary for our ecosystem to be healthy and diverse.
Being the top predator and at the apex of the food chain, the tiger helps keep the population of wild ungulates in check, thereby maintaining the balance between prey herbivores and the vegetation upon which they feed. Therefore the presence of tigers in the forest is an indicator of the well being of the ecosystem. The extinction of this top predator is an indication that its ecosystem is not sufficiently protected, and neither would it exist for long thereafter.
If the tigers become extinct , the system will collapse. Our forests are also water catchment areas , so it is imperative to keep our tiger population. Saving one tiger means protecting 100 sq.km of forest area saving other species living under this area.
Saving and protecting this beautiful creature of the wild is also ensuring that you and I also live longer with forest reserves providing ecological balance and maintaining clean air, water, pollination, temperature regulation,etc..
We also are making sure that Planet Earth is still the best place for our children to grow up in!
Why Can't We Save The Tiger
HOW CAN I HELP IN SAVING THE TIGER?
- Innovative ideas are being used in letting out information about TIGER CONSERVATION. Create your own blog, write a hub, engage in forums, educate others on why and how they can do their bit in saving the TIGER. Use social media such as Facebook and Twitter to engage more people in making donations to NGOs through proper channel.
- Educate children and adults who do not know about the damage to our ecosystem should we lose the remaining tigers.
- Organize tiger themed parties to get guests engaged in tiger conversation.
- If you are visiting a Tiger reserve or any forest area, be a responsible tourist. Do not disturb the animals and do not pollute.
- Timber and paper are natural forest resources. By reducing or doing away with these products will help.
- Write to your Prime Minister, Minister for Environment & Forests to show your concern.
- Write articles in magazines ,newspapers and any other publications to generate awareness on Tiger Conservation and how people can help in identifying NGOs working towards it so as to offer their bit to the cause.
- Poaching and trade of illegal wildlife attracts penalty and knowledge of such should be immediately notified to the nearest police station or an organization called TRAFFIC that fights powerful poachers.
- DONATE LIBERALLY TO THE CAUSE OF TIGER CONSERVATION. MANY NGOS ARE DOING THEIR BIT. LET US DO OURS.
- ADOPT A TIGER TODAY!
Circus Tigers Are Confined To Cages and Taught To Entertain You ! How Do They Learn? By BEING WHIPPED , MADE FEARFUL AND STARVED !
DID YOU KNOW THAT THE TIGER IS INDIA'S NATIONAL ANIMAL
Throughout Asia, the tiger is a symbol for many ancient and modern cultures. The TIGER is India's national animal and every twelfth year in the Chinese calender is dedicated to the TIGER. This year 2010, too is the Year Of The Tiger! Tiger images are often seen emblazoned in Bhutan, China, India, Nepal, Thailand and Tibet having historical and cultural significance.
WWF-India website states as follows:
WWF-India aims for a strategic and focused approach in its tiger conservation efforts. Our goal is to restore, maintain and protect tigers as well as their habitat and prey base in important tiger landscapes in India.
FACTS ABOUT THE INDIAN TIGER
- At the turn of the last century,there were 40,000 tigers and today, there are only about 1411 left.
- 86 tigers were lost in the year 2009,the worst ever!
- 17 tiger sanctuaries in India out of a total of 37 are on the verge of losing their tiger population. Corbett National Park is the oldest Tiger Park in India dating back to 1936. Rudyard Kipling's famous novel, Jungle Book was inspired by the Kanha National Park.
YOUR DONATIONS TO THE FOLLOWING NGO'S WILL HELP SAVE THE TIGER
- WWF India - What you can do to save the tiger?
- Save Our Tigers | Home
Join the roar for our national animal on the official Save Our Tigers website an Aircel initiative in partnership with WWF India. Speak up, SMS, blog, share the concern, stay informed... every little bit helps!!!
- WPSI - Wildlife Protection Society of India - About Us
- Save The Tiger Fund | Why Tigers Matter
How I Will SAVE THE TIGERSee results without voting
Are You Going To The Circus? See This First!
White Tigers-What The Zoos Don't Tell You!
Wear a T-shirt With Tiger & All Conversations Will Lead To The TIGER
More by this Author
Laptops,ipod,mobile phone,iphone, are gadgets that are taking the place of textbooks and libraries.The internet connectivity has brought in a revolution in the minds of even babies.Education has taken a significant...
Did you know that we humans are responsible for wildlife species that are on the brink of extinction ? Yes, there is an increasing awareness about global warming and the negative effects on our planet. This definitely...
Did you know that your feet hold the key to your overall energy and well being? Absolutely! Apart from providing you balance as you walk or run, the feet can be the right place to bring relief to most ailments you may...