I Never Thought Of That ll....Helpful Hints...How To Tighten Loose Screws
While writing my first hub on the subject of things that I never thought of, I thought, " what a novel way to share our wealth of knowledge with one another."
I've decided to make this a regular series, that is until I get tired of it, which by my record will not be long. However, until I do, look for these on a regular basis. While writing the first of this series I realized that I had quite a few of these, "never thought of items, so here goes.
As I said before, (I Never Thought Of That), these are in no particular order.
I Never Thought Of That
- Are you plagued by mealy worms, or whatever inhabits those dark regions of your kitchen cabinets, waiting to feast on your dry goods, such as flour, rice, cereal etc? Then, I think you'll appreciate this one. Buy a bag of bay leaves, and put a couple in each container of items that are susceptible to those sneaky little critters. Be careful not to scoop up the leaves when using the desired foodstuff. Although, if you do it might not taste like you want it to, but it won't harm you.
- I recently stayed in a Motel for a week, and remembered something I read.That is, the television remote harbors an inordinate amount of bacteria, and other yukky things. Normally, I totally clean every crack and crevice of the room before I even remove my shoes. However, I never thought about the TV remote. To that I say, yuk, why haven't I ever thought of it. Well, what I read, and am now implementing, even in my own home, is, I use a cotton swab, cotton balls, and alcohol to thoroughly clean the remote.
- Speaking of Hotel, Motel stays I usually carry my own sheet, pillow, and, or pillow case. I don't necessarily change the sheet, but I put my sheet on top of the motel sheet. I never use the spread on the bed, I always ask for a clean one. There's more that I could say about my Hotel/Motel stay but I thought these were worth mentioning here. This all may sound like a bit too much, but with all of the new diseases, and the like, crossing countries, and borders one can't be too careful. Okay, I might sound a bit paranoid, but I repeat, one can't be too careful.
- Say, I read one that I think might work better in some regions than others. The suggestion is during the cold weather months put a blanket between the mattress and bottom sheet, this helps keep in the body heat, and saves on heating costs. Sounds good to me.
- I like this one. Do you have loose screws, (not in your head), that can't seem to be tightened no matter how hard you try? Well, the suggestion is to remove the screw, and dip it in clear nail polish, allow it to dry for about a minute, then reinsert the screw. The polish holds the screw in place like glue. Tried it, and it works!
This is the second installment of my intended series of things that some of us have never thought of before. Be on the lookout for subsequent hubs on the same subject. I welcome ones that you have, as we can all learn from one another.
- Natural Ways for how to Get Rid of a Headache
The headache is something that everyone gets at least once in awhile. It's a strange pain that can come on for any number of reasons. And the cure for most people is to pop an aspirin, Tylenol or Ibuprofen...
More by this Author
Do you sometimes feel down, maybe for extended periods? Have you ever wondered if you're really depressed? Read on and see if your questions are answered.
Do you want to be a contestant on the price is right instead of just being a spectator? By following the suggestions herein you have a better chance of being chosen.
One of our all time favorite comedians, Sinbad.