100 stupid laws
1. In Wyoming it is illegal for women to stand within five feet of a bar while drinking, and;
2. You may not take a picture of a rabbit from January to April without an official permit.
3. Babies may not be carried on the running boards of a car ..
4. Dishes must drip dry, not towel dried ..
5. It is illegal to whisper “dirty” things in your lover’s ear during sex
6. Ice cream may not be eaten on Sundays.
7. Juggling is strictly prohibited without a license.
8. In Arkansas, man can legally beat his wife, but not more than once a month
9. No patent can ever be taken out on a gambling machine in the United States.
10. Honking one’s car horn at a sandwich shop after 9 PM is against the law.
11. It’s illegal to walk down a sidewalk and knock a snakes head off with your cane.
12. You cannot eat a doughnut and walk backwards on a city street.
13. It is illegal to kill a dog using a decompression chamber.
14. It is legal for a robber to file a lawsuit, if he or she got hurt in your house.
15. In Clawson, Michigan, there is a law that makes it legal for a farmer to sleep with his pigs, cows, horses, goats, and chickens.
16. It is illegal to let your pig run free in Detroit unless it has a ring in its nose.
17. In Iowa, one-armed piano players must perform for free, and;
18. Kisses may last for no more than five minutes
19. Dogs may not bark after 6 PM.
20. The fire department is required to practice fire fighting for fifteen minutes before attending a fire.
21. In Marshalltown, horses are forbidden to eat fire hydrants.
22. A special law prohibits unmarried women from parachuting on Sunday or she shall risk arrest, fine, and/or jailing.
23. It is illegal to die of old age in America. It is also illegal to die of a broken heart and laughing in the USA.
24. In Hong Kong, a betrayed wife is legally allowed to kill
her husband if he cheats on her although she can only do it if she uses her
25. In Athens, Greece, a driver's license can be lifted by the law if the driver is deemed either 'poorly dressed' or 'unbathed'.
26. On the island of Jersey it's against the law for a man to knit during the fishing season.
27. If an elephant is left tied to a parking meter, the parking fee has to be paid just as it would for a vehicle.
28. In Michigan, it is illegal to chain an alligator to a fire hydrant.
29. In Fairbanks, Alaska it is illegal for a moose to walk on the sidewalk. This dates back to the early days if the town when the owner of the bar had a pet moose that he used to get drunk. The moose would then stumble around the town drunk. The only way the law makers could prevent this from happening was to create the law so the moose could not cross the sidewalk and get into the bar.
30. In Quebec, Canada, an old law states that margarine must be a different colour from butter. This law is the result of Quebec dairy lobbyists' pressure to ''protect'' their dairy business. They claimed margarine was beginning to resemble butter, as to be mistaken for real butter. Make margarine unattractive, and consumers would stick to butter. The Quebec government caved in, and tried to impose a dark vermilion-coloured margarine, which was disgusting. The colour, finally, at the other extreme, is a pallid almost-white-colourless margarine.
31. According to a british law passed in 1845, attempting to commit suicide was a capital offense. Offenders could be hanged for trying.
32. It is illegal to sell an ET doll in France. They have a law forbidding the sale of dolls that do not have human faces.
33. In Sweden it is illegal to use the services of a prostitute. Prostitution is legal though.
34. Post 10 P.M. do not flush the toilet. It is illegal to do so in Switzerland.
35. Do not leave your house without your underwear, if your house is in Thailand. It is not legal.
36. You will die an illegal death, if you die in the Houses of Parliament in England
37. While still in England be careful with a stamp that bears the image of the Queen. Placing it upside down is a punishable offense.
38. You cannot name a pig Napoleon in France.
39. It is not legitimate for men to make love to male animals in Lebanon. Female animals are allowed!
40. It was a punishable offense to be a homosexual during World War I.
41. Avoid chewing gum in Singapore. It too, is illegal!
42. In Milan, unless for funeral or in hospital, if you do not have a smile on your face, you would have to frown, as you would be fined.
43. Finland does not tolerate the cartoon of Donald Duck, as he does not wear any pants.
44. In Alaska it is illegal: (i) to wake up a bear and get some snaps of it. You can hunt it though.
45. (ii) To whisper in a person's ear if he is moose hunting!
46. (iii) For a kangaroo to pay a visit to a barber shop at any time (how would a kangaroo get there anyway?).
47. (iv) To tie one's pet dog to the his/her car's roof.
48. (v) To treat a moose with alcohol.
49. (vi) To roam the city while carrying bows and arrows.
50. (vii) For a drunk to be allowed to comb his hair in a bar.
51. (viii) For dog owners to groom their pets.
52. (ix) To throw grenades on the street!
53. (x) To put your dog in the back of your truck.
54. In California it is illegal... (i) for any kind of animal to do "it" within a range of 1,500 feet of a tavern, school, or place of worship.
55. (ii) To use a used underwear to wipe off cars.
56. (iii) To ride a bicycle in a swimming pool!
57. (iv) For anyone to wear cowboy boots unless he/she owns at least 2 cows.
58. (v) For women to wear high heels while in the city limits.
59. (vii) To provide act or receive the favor of oral sex.
60. (viii) To serenade a woman without a license.
61. (ix) To cry while standing in the witness box in Los Angeles courts.
62. (x) To keep a child from playing in puddles of water.
63. (xi) To serve alcoholic beverages to a gay person.
64. In Ohio it is illegal...(i) to get a fish drunk.
65. (ii) To kill a housefly without a license, if one is within a range of 160 feet of a church.
66. (iii) To breast feed in public.
67. (iv) For cars to scare horses.
68. (v) To take mice into captivity without a hunting license.
69. (vi) To lean against a public building! If done, then fine is levied.
70. (vii) To sell cornflakes on Sunday.
71. (viii) To run out of gas.
72. (ix) For women to make a public appearance without shaving her face and legs
73. (x) To toss a snake at someone. You can shake the creature at someone though!
74: All lollipops are banned in Washington.
75. In Texas, the entire Encyclopedia Britannica is banned simply because it contains the formula for making beer at home.
76. One cannot kill a squirrel with a gun in a courtroom in Canton, Mississippi.
77. It is legal for a chicken to have sex with you in Texas, but it's illegal to reciprocate.
78. In Iowa, a man with a mustache cannot kiss a woman in public!
79. In the state of Washington, it is compulsory for a motorist with criminal intentions to stop at the city limits and telephone the Chief of Police while he enters the town.
80. In South Dakota, it is illegal to lie down or fall asleep in a cheese factory.
81. In Pennsylvania, it is not legal to catch a fish with any body part, including your hands, except for your mouth!
82. In the state of Oklahoma, it is mandatory for dogs to have a permit signed by the mayor in order to assemble in group of three or more on any private property.
83. In West Virginia, it is illegal to put an ice cream cone in one's pocket on Sundays.
84. In North Carolina, if a man and a woman who aren't married go to a hotel and register themselves as married then, according to the state law, they are legally married.
85. In New York State, jumping off a building is punishable by death!
86. It is against the law to tie a giraffe to a telephone pole or a street lamp in Atlanta.
87. In Nebraska, a parent can be arrested if his child is unable to hold back a burp during a church service.
88. In Massachusetts, snoring is prohibited unless all bedroom windows are closed and locked!
89. In Texas, one cannot put graffiti on someone else's cow.
90. It is illegal to stand near or in a building without any reason for being there in Minnesota.
91. In Indiana, it was a law for all black cats to wear bells on Friday, the 13th.
92. A woman in Michigan may be irritated to know that she is not allowed to cut her own hair without her husband's permission.
93. In Hartford, Connecticut, you aren't allowed to cross the street walking on your hands!
94. In Maine, it is illegal to step out of a plane in flight!
95. In the state of Indiana, it is illegal to make a monkey smoke a cigarette.
96. In Miami, it is illegal to imitate an animal.
97. It is a punishable offense to push a live moose out of a moving airplane in Alaska.
98. In Ohio, women are prohibited from wearing patent leather shoes anywhere in public.
99. In Florida, men may not be seen in public in any kind of strapless gown!
100. It is forbidden for a driver to be blindfolded while
operating a vehicle in Alabama.