Nursery Admissions 2012 in Delhi - Where Parents Are in 2012-2013
It is righty said that getting your child admitted in a Delhi school is just like getting an admission in Harvard University of United Kingdom. Despite several efforts by the parents community of Delhi NCR and webmaster Mr. Sumit Vohra of admissionsnursery.com, the chaos of admission of kids in nursery schools in Delhi has still remained a primary issue for parents. This is just because of the mismanagement and disorientation of government of Delhi and India that parents of 3+ to 4+ year old kids are facing problems. The nursery admission system is neither transparent, nor systematic. From admission issues of age criteria to point system and from distribution of admission forms to knowledge of admission start dates, everything is baffled and mystified. Every parent looking ahead to getting their wards admitted in a Delhi school is confused.
Thanks to the online community of parents of Delhi that Mr. Arvinder Singh Lovely, Minister of Education and Tourism, Government of Delhi, has taken steps to improve and organize the nursery admissions process. After several efforts of Delhi Parents Community and Mr. Vohra, Mr. Lovely finally concluded that:
- Four plus age criteria as announced by Minister of HRD Mr. Kabil Sibal is discriminatory for Delhi kids and if age criteria is changed for session 2012-2013, it should be changed on an all India level including all schools of India.
- Mr. Lovely also told the parents community that neighborhood and siblings will be the main criteria and random selection process or lottery system will be initiated for admission of kids in nursery schools.
- Age of admission will remain 3+ and will not change to 4+ for Delhi kids.
- Delhi nursery school admissions will start from December 15 and will end on March 31.
- He also issued strict guidelines for schools who had started the Delhi nursery admission process in August 2010 creating more chaos in the minds of parents. He said that any school starting admission process before December 15 will face stern action by the Delhi government.
Thanks to parent’s community of Delhi, Mr. Vohra, and Mr. Lovely that after release of this information some schools of Delhi who had started the distribution of nursery admissions form put a stop on their admission process. Now everyone is waiting for the actual guidelines that are yet to be released by Directorate of Education, Government of NCT of Delhi. Till then, we should all pray to God to make Delhi nursery admission process more transparent and systematic. Whatever will be the guidelines, it is for sure that Delhi nursery admissions age criteria will not change to 4+ this year as the Delhi government is already late to take that decision and also because it can create further chaos.
The author of this story is Rajinder Soni (Father of Shronika Soni 3+ years) who is eagerly looking ahead for admission of his child in a good nursery school in Delhi just like other parents of Delhi.
More by this Author
F-35 Lightening from USA, UK, Norway, Australia LCA Tejas from India JAS Gripen from Sweden F-16 Falcon from USA Below are a few characteristics and pros and cons of the above-mentioned aircraft. This is not a...
Presented here is a list of 11 costliest fighters jets on earth with pictures and brief history of course.....
This story is based on a true incident that happened in a government medical college in India.