Better Decision Making!
* What are the three best decisions of your life?
* What are the three worst decisions of your life?
* "Worst"decision are either "Heart" or "Head"based.ie either only logical left brain or only emotional right
* Better ones are both heart and head based ie. whole brain decisions.
* There can never be best deciosions,because all decisions can be improved upon.There can be,therefore,
only better decisions.
* Those decisions are taken always peacefully and never in a hurry.
* Sometimes,not taking a decision or postponing a decision in life is one of the better decisions!
Formula for better decisions:K.N.O.T.S.
First gather all the knowledge,facts and opinions about the decision to be taken.Then go through the following steps:
Needs vs. wants:
^ Needs of food,water and physiological functions.
^ Needs of clothing and shelter.
^ Needs of sex, love and belongingness.
^ Needs of esteem and prestige.
^ Needs of self-actualization.
^ Needs of self-transcendence.
@ Fullfilling your needs is a must for your survival.You never regret finally having fulfilled them
@Fulfilling your wants does not fulfill your basic needs.In the longer run,you always regret having
neglected your needs for your wants.
E.g...Buying a shirt is your "need"-decision.However,buying a very costly shirt just to impress others at
the cost of disturbing your family budget is mere"want"-decision that will hurt badly ultimately.
@Ask yourself "Do I really honestly need it?
@ Always look for any other alternatives available to you.
@ Ask your friends or family or advisors.
@ Always remember you always have in life more than one right answer for every problem.
Thinking it through:
For every option,consider the "Costs vs. Benefits" with emotional weightage given to each point.
Always believe your sixth sense before taking an important decision.In the end ,ask your intuition for the final correct answer or do the "coin-flip" test.
Finally add up the cost of decision.
Is it "Above the waterline or "Below the waterline"?
More by this Author
'Spiritual gravities' define us. Some natures are naturally heavy while others naturally light, affecting our moods and level of optimism or pessimism.' A friend of mine, struggling in the quicksands of a negative mood,...
It is possible to see a rainbow as a complete circle from an aeroplane. A litre of vinegar is heavier in winter than in summer. A barrel of juice or wine would take about a year or two to ferment naturally into...
Sharks don't usually attack humans. We are not their natural prey. We get attacked because we resemble some of their prey and the shark makes a mistake in murky waters. For example we look a lot like a seal swimming in...