Study skills for academic excellence.
Study and reading techniques can make study less stressful and easy. Below are the two major and oldest study techniques. They have been tested and proven by many people.
1.SQ4R: survey, question, Recite, Repeat, Review
2.SCQP: summarize, clarify, Question, predict.
Survey question, read, Recite, Repeat, Review.
(1) Survey: During the survey step. You are expected to glance over the passage. Chapter or book you want to read fairly rapidly to get an idea of what the author is saying.
(2) Question: During this step, you are expected to ask yourself all the possible questions you can think of about the information in the material you are about to study and try to answer them afterwards. You can turn the leadings and subheading into questions.
(3) Read: this is now the actual stage. Try as much as possible to concentrate on the material as you read because without concentration no serious study is possible.
(4) Recite: during this stage, you try to answer your question without referring to the book or note you have made.
(5) Repeat: for repeat steps 2,3, and 4 on the next chapter or section if it is a book.
Summarize, clarify, question predict.
1.Summarize: you stop at a given point in your text and tell or summarize what you have read.
2.Clarify: you try to clarify what is not clear. You reread and discuss with your friends the parts that are unclear.
3.Question: you try to predict the questions you teacher might ask in the text. Try to answer those questions.
4.Predict: you anticipate what is likely to happen next in the text and read to confirm them.
More by this Author
The urethra is the unpaired excretory passage that conducts urine from the bladder to the exterior of the body, even though in the male, the urethra is shared with the reproductive system. The urethra is longer in males...
Insect play major role in human life both in primary production and in decomposition and serve as major food source for many vertebrate directly or indirectly ...
Very few people know how to write a good application letter . This article will give you an idea of how to write a letter of application which will be certain of gaining you an interview or a job