No child left behind in school.

1. tmcphail1 profile image84
    tmcphail1posted 2 years ago

Not that I'm complaining but the schools are taking no child left behind to another level. My little boy didn't pass some of his subject's all year long but they passed him anyway with no summer school because he scored advanced level on all his end of year test. How does that work.?

1. AshtonFirefly profile image83
      AshtonFireflyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Not to sound harsh, but I think that our school systems simply don't want to put in the time and effort it requires to foster a child's education. It is simply easier to pass them along. However, that child will suffer later because no one took the time. The "no child left behind" concept sounds good on the surface, but the practices it employs waters down education and therefore ultimately hurts our children. It's a "quick fix." If it was truly about children not being left behind, we would make sure that each child learned what they need to know in order to make a life for themselves. It's a harsh, cruel world out there and it's extremely competitive in the job market. It unfortunately boils down to: Does anyone want to take the time to take personal interest in the children?