How to become a good lecturer
Good lectures are not very common
Today I did experience a really good lecture from one of the best lecturers I've ever seen.
I get impressed of this person because he is totally calm, never loose the word, never leave the topic, give a professional impression and everybody is totally stroked when they leave.
I really want to be that inspirational as he is. I want my crowd to be just that happy and excited to make changes when they leave my lectures.
Okay, so here's what I think makes a really good lecturer:
- Calm and confident is a must. The crowd feels safe with you and trust you.
- Knowledge. You should be the best in the room on your topic. At least give that impression.
- Body Language. A confident and natural body language that isn't too stiff is very important. It must connect with your speech.
- Hold times. One of the most professional signs is when the lecture is very well planned but still feels spontaneous.
- Ironic and funny. Jokes and ironic sentences are a must! I want to laugh!
- Presentation. The presentation is very important! I want something to look at, to connect the speech to. Presentations have to have images! It's actually very true in this situations that a picture can say more than a 1000 words. A speech can probably not be fully complete without a knockout picture.
- The most important point. The audience should be affected in some way when they leave. They should be happy, wondering and inspired. They should feel that you have made a difference to them.
Okay, here it is. I can do it, of course I can. Just need some practice! Luckily I have today's lecture on video and I'm gonna watch it over and over, take it to my own lectures and kick ass!
More by this Author
it has become hard to sleep alone since I met my hubby. You get used to have company so fast. Spooning, cuddle, making love in the morning is only a few up's when sleeping together
dreams can tore up things in our mind. They can create pictures and they can even tell the future. Subconsious messages are important and we should listen to them.
Home to meis created by a feeling, but if I can dream, this is how I want it.