Bender (Futurama) Biography
- Full Name: Bender Bending Rodriguez
- Nickname: Bending Unit 22
- Age: 6 year-old body, 1057 year-old head
- Gender: Male (Manbot)
- Species: Robot
- Planet of Origin: Earth, specifically Tijuana, Mexico
- Mother: Robot Arm
- Father: Unknown (killed by electric can opener)
- First Appearance: Space Pilot 3000
- Likely to say: "Bite my shiny metal ass."
- Pastimes: Drinking, smoking cigars, stealing, watching TV
- Likes: Stealing, folk music, going to robot lapdancing clubs, looting, Fry, smashing things
- Dislikes: Being told to work, discrimination against robots, Nibbler, magnets (which cause him to sing Folk Music)
Bender is a fictional character in the animated television series Futurama, voiced by actor John DiMaggio. In the series, Bender plays the role of a comic anti-hero, and is described by Leela (female character) as an "alcoholic, whore-mongering, chain-smoking gambler" as well as possessing a "swarthy Latin charm".
Bender is by far one of the most famous animated robot. Created by Matt Groenig - The man behind the Simpsons, Bender is one of the most morally reprehensible characters in Futurama. He drinks, womanizes, takes advantage of those disadvantaged, and yet somehow he is still a good guy. He has been known to run an orphanage, play in concert with Beck and likes to use magnets to send himself a little crazy (narcotic).
Bender was his mother's 1729th son born in a factory in Tijuana, Mexico. His father was killed by a can opener. Comprising of 30% Iron, 40% Zinc, 40% Titanium and 40% Dolomite, Bender later attended Bending State college where he majored in Bending and minored in Robo-American studies. He became a legend for his pranks while being part of the house Epsilon Rho Rho. Bender then took up a successful career in bending girders but tried to kill himself when he found out they were for suicide booths. He was saved by Fry and later took up the job of ships cook at Planet Express. His other pastimes include watching TV, smoking cigars and stealing. To be able to function properly Bender needs the chemical energy from alcohol, so excessive drinking is mandatory or he will become sober and unable to control his body. Magnets stuck to his head make him sing like a folk singer and his favourite drink is Olde Fortran Malt liquor.
- is a friend of Fry
- works for Planet Express
- loves All My Circuits
- participated in Ultimate Robot Fighting
- was infected by Were-car
- was built by Momcorp
- was part of the Robot Mafia
- practiced Robotology
- Bender's apartment number is 00100100, which when translated into ASCII, is the $ symbol.
- The original proposed name for Bender was URL, but pronounced 'Earl'.
- As revealed in episode 4ACV11 (Where no Fan has gone before) Bender's self-destruct code is 1a2b3c, a reference to the destruct codes on Star Trek.
- In the episode "Roswell That Ends Well", Bender's brain (in the form of computer chips) was mistaken as food and was eaten by Enos Fry, yet he functions normally without it throughout the whole episode.
- In the episode How Hermes Requisitioned His Groove Back, Bender's software (and his personality) is stored on a floppy disk. Here and in the episode My Three Suns, his personality is described as "in-your-face".
Bender appearance in The Simpsons
More by this Author
Mairead Nesbitt is a Classical and Celtic music performer, most notably as a fiddler and violinist. Mairead is a musician who believes in giving herself fully to the music.
Reading guitar notes is no rocket science, but it's not easy either, especially if you're a beginner. You'll just have to give yourself some time for learning. Remember, practice makes perfect.