Celebrity resemblances, just a coincidence?
Of course, this is a topic that has been often revisited. I could not even name the hub Celebrities who look alike because that title was already taken. There are certain celebrity resemblances that are spoken of very often but there are also some that are rarely mentioned. Here is my take on several celebrity resemblances. (This hub focuses on females. I'll be following up with another hub about male celebrities who look alike.):
1. I often think that Selma Blair (Cruel Intentions) and Gilda Radner (Saturday Night Live) resemble. Gilda Radner passed away tragically at the age of 42 from ovarian cancer. Selma Blair is now in her late 30s. Both are of Jewish heritage and both were born in late June. Both often focused in comedic acting.
Gilda Radner did an impersonation of Barbara Walters and called the character "Baba WaWa". She had claimed that both she and Barbara Walters had a similar speech impediment which she mocked when playing the character on Saturday Night Live.
2. Amy Adams (Doubt, Julie and Julia) and Isla Fisher (Confessions of a Shopaholic) seem to resemble.
3. Julia Ormond (Legends of the Fall) and Juliette Binoche (The English Patient, Chocolat) not only have similar first names but they also look alike.
4. Rachel McAdams (The Notebook) and Jennifer Garner (Ghosts of Girlfriends Past) look alike
Jacinda Barrett (of The Last Kiss starring Zach Braff) also looks a bit like Jennifer Garner.
Is it Just the Hair?
5. I used to think that Rebecca Gayheart and Keri Russell looked alike but maybe it's just their hair.
6. Similarly, the resemblance between America Ferrara (Ugly Betty, Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants) and Jordin Sparks (singer) is often discussed but the discussion usually accompanies a photo where they have the same hairstyle.
7. Finally, while many have disagreed with the widely popularized assertion, I tend to agree that Leelee Sobeiski and Helen Hunt do look alike.
Videos of look alike Celebrities
Below is one of my favorite celebrities who look alike videos from YouTube. It features female AND male celebrities. I do not agree with all of the comparisons but with the majority of them.
Similar ethnic background, heritage, photo poses, hairstyles, makeup, lighting, etc often contribute to celebrities looking alike in photos.
More by this Author
This hub discusses how to cook turkey wings with a slow cooker. This simple slow cooker recipe for turkey wings yields delicious results.
Do you like flash mob dances and want to see some of the best ones in action? Look no further....
Delicious meatballs are possible without breadcrumbs! Whether you don't eat breadcrumbs or none are readily available, try this recipe plus a savory tomato sauce garnished with parsley and spices.