Entertainment and Media Template
Entertainment and Media Hubs Should Be Packed with High-Quality Photos. Start Off with a Great One to Grab Your Reader's Attention!
Before you Begin, Start off With a Good Title!
A good title is the most important part of writing a Hub. Of course your Hub has to be informative, well-written, and better than the competition to succeed, but if you have all of those elements and a poor title, you will have a difficult time garnering search traffic.
A good title:
- Is comprised of a common search term around your topic
- Is clear, concise, descriptive, specific, and sounds organic
- Does not repeat keywords - don't, don't keyword stuff your title, subtitles, or text!
- Is directly associated with the content of your Hub
Lastly, type your title into Google and see what articles show up as the first results. If you can beat the results with a better, more informative Hub then go for it! If not, we recommend trying a new title or choosing another topic.
For more information on crafting a good title, check out our Learning Center guide on title creation.
High-Quality, Long-Format Content Is King!
Today's online writing world is incredibly competitive! In order to build trust with search engines and build a following, online writers have to be exceptional. To increase your chances of success, we recommend that your Hubs:
Keep Your Readers on Your Hub!
When beginning a Hub, we recommend jumping right in. Some things you might do when opening your Hub:
- Answer the question of your title right off the bat so that your readers don't hit the dreaded back button to continue searching on their topic somewhere else
- Share some fascinating statistics or facts about the subject you are covering
- Explain why you are particularly well suited to be writing a Hub on this subject
- Give a brief overview of the information you will be covering in the Hub
- Make your first capsule subtitle search friendly (We don't recommend a subtitle like "Introduction" or "Academy Awards". The first subtitle is not a term someone might type into Google or Bing, and the second is too general. You will never be able to compete with the top results.)
- Don't forget to proofread your first paragraph- careless grammar and spelling errors will prompt your readers to quickly hit the back button
What's more, Entertainment and Media Hubs must have high-quality images; be sure all of your images are exceptional!
Always Use High-Quality Photos
Don't Forget Video!
Entertainment and media Hubs are the perfect Hubs to include a video. Many times it's difficult to find creative commons photos, but videos should be much easier. If, in the midst of entertainment or media research, you came across a great video, don't hesitate to add it to your Hub! It might entice readers into staying with your page a bit longer, plus it can be an excellent source of additional information that can only be shown visually.
You might search for videos:
- Showcasing your topic in a new way
- Sharing more about your topic
- Offering additional tips about your topic that is difficult to portray in text and images alone
Add Relevant, Engaging Video
Be Sure to Use Search-Friendly Subtitles
Though capsule subtitles are entirely optional, including them in your Hubs and making sure they are search friendly can make your Hub even more likely to be found via search engines (and this is how most Hubs gain traffic).
What is a search-friendly subtitle?
- A subtitle that is short and descriptive (e.g. The Best Movies Directed by John Hughes)
- A subtitle that matches common search terms (e.g. Famous Lines from Sixteen Candles)
In other words, you should craft subtitles for capsules the same way you craft a title for your Hub!
Add a Poll to Get Your Readers Take!
Which Academy Award Winning Actress has/had the most Hollywood Glam?See results without voting
Leave Search-Friendly Captions on Your Photos
Tables are a Great Way to Break Down Information
Year of Academy Award
The King's Speech
Anne Hathaway and James Franco
Even Entertainment and Media Hubs Need Facts!
The more specific facts, tips, and figures you can add to your Hub, the better! Give your readers facts on your topic that will be interesting and useful.
- Bulleted or numbered lists offer a great way to provide this information in a format that is easy to read and disseminate
Don't Be Afraid to Do Additional Research!
Supplementing Hubs in which you share your personal tips with additional information can give them a great competitive edge. Your personal opinion is valuable. However, Hubs should also provide concrete information that readers will find useful. In most cases, adding relevant, interesting information to a Hub will help increase its performance. Entertainment and Media Hubs can greatly benefit from this additional research; in fact, it is what could put your Hub above the rest of the information out there on the web!
Add Additional Capsules
Feel free to add other relevant capsules to your Hub by clicking the "Insert Capsule" icon! The following capsules could be a great addition:
- Map Capsule to show location-based information
- Quiz Capsule to test your readers
- Text and Photo Capsules to add additional information!
Good luck and Happy Hubbing!
More by this Author
Technology articles are astoundingly popular online- and for a good reason. Technology presents quite a few opportunities to writers and publications as: The topic is very exciting Technology affects nearly...
Personal finance is one of the most popular topics online. Every person- be he a prince or a pauper- has to deal with money in some way or another, and millions of people conduct searches about money management and...
Hubs addressing issues related to health need to go above and beyond to prove that they are providing safe, trustworthy information. Some ideas for a strong, polished start include: A thought-provoking or interesting...