Great Lives Lost To Drug Overdoses
Janis Lyn Joplin
- January 19, 1943 - October 4, 1970
- Born in Port Arthur, TX
- American singer and songwriter
- Overdosed alone in her home on heroin; believed to be accidental.
John Adam Belushi
Christopher Crosby "Chris" Farley
- February 15, 1964 - December 18, 1997
- Born in Madison, WI
- American comedian and actor
- The last to see Chris alive was a hooker who left him alone in his apartment, and he passed away later that night of an opiate and cocaine overdose.
James Marshall "Jimi" Hendrix
- November 27, 1942 - September 18,1970
- Born in Seattle, WA
- One of the greatest electric guitarist
- Many speculations are tied to Jimi's death. It may not be certain that his death was from an overdose, although he did take 9 of his sister's prescription sleeping pills the night he died.
River Jude Phoenix
- August 23, 1970 - October 31, 1993
- Metolius, OR
- American film actor
- Died outside a L.A. nightclub of a cocaine and morphine overdose
James Douglas "Jim" Morrison
- December 8, 1943 - July 3, 1973
- American poet, singer, songwriter, writer, and filmmaker
- Born in Melbourne, FL
- Died in Paris, France of a possible heroine overdose (there was never an autopsy to conclude cause of death)
Vickie Lynn Hogan a.k.a. Anna Nicole Smith
- November 28, 1967 - February 8, 2007
- Born in Houston, TX
- American model and actress
- She died several months after her son's (Danial Smith) fatal overdose. She died of a prescription pill overdose in the hospital after being found unconscious in her hotel room. She had a variety of prescriptions pills in her system.
Michael Joseph Jackson
- August 29, 1958 - June 25, 2009
- Born in Gary, IN
- American singer, songwriter, dancer, actor, choreographer, and record producer
- Died in his mansion after being administered and injected highly potent drugs by his doctor.
Dedicated to my mom - She loved SRV
- December 16, 1950 - March 18, 2000
- Born in Minnesota
- My mother
- She had a variety of drugs in her system, but the doctor concluded it was a heroine overdose. I believe it was accidental.
More by this Author
Many drugs did not become illegal until the mid 20th century, and LSD was still being used on students as experiments by Yale professors in the 60's. MDMA was a free love drug at bars in the 70's.
More of you will relapse more times than you will ever want to admit... causing more pain to the guilt of your disease, but lets not star tof this article with a pity party. You can give up or fuck up.
My addiction habits started taking notice at age two when mom caught me trying to snort the creamy white filling out of a twinkie. That is when she said she stopped doing cocaine in front of me. I always remembered...