Is Top Gun Really a Gay Movie?
Top Gun is one of my favorite movies of all time. In fact, I even mention Top Gun in my other hub on Movies for Cool People. Top Gun had great influence over my life - I joined the military a long time ago because of Top Gun! My life wouldn't be the same without the movie.
As a cool person, I find it unlikely that I may have missed the fact that Top Gun is really a gay movie; however, new evidence has been brought to my attention. And, upon reflection, I now wonder if Top Gun really is a gay movie.
Just so you know, I have no issue with gay movies or homosexuality. I just don't like that after all these years of thinking Top Gun was a macho straight movie, it was actually a cleverly crafted gay film designed to, perhaps, help gay men come out of the closet. This makes me feel a little strange....like someone pulled one over on me and I wasn't clever enough to catch it!
Is Top Gun Really a Gay Movie?See results without voting
Clues that Top Gun is a Gay Movie
- The locker room scene with everyone hanging out in towels...what value did this really add to the movie?
- The volleyball scene with everyone sweaty and hugging on each other. Again, what value did this add to the movie?
- Kelly McGillis - sure, I used to have a crush on her and think she was hot, but the reality is that she never really was that hot. Why didn't they find a hotter girl to play that role?
Slider: Goose, whose butt did you kiss to get in here anyway?
Goose: The list is long, but distinguished.
Slider: Yeah, well so is my Johnson.
- The Kenny Loggins song "Playing with the Boys"....
- The scene where Maverick is hanging out shaving in his underwear after Goose died. He could have had at least pants on, right?
- The Navy....it's commonly known that the Navy has the most gay men of any service.
- The constant innuendos about "butts" and "johnsons"
Iceman / Maverick Love Story
Quentin Tarantino's Take on Top Gun
More by this Author
Fate is a substantial factor in Beowulf. The outcome of everything is based on the Lord's final decision. "My life was almost lost, fighting for it, struggling under water: I'd have been dead at once, and the fight...
Thankfully, she was able to get the recipe from her mom before she passed. I’m bestowing the family secret to you now, because something like deep fried butterflies should not be kept secret!
As an athlete, I spend a lot of time in swimming pools - an average of two to three times per week. I swim at both a YMCA and a Gold's gym, but I've noticed people don't have a clue about swimming pool...