My Playlist #5 - The Most Beautiful Classical Music
Who said classical music has to be boring? It's the most beautiful and powerful music in existence. It has survived for centuries, it has touched the hearts of millions, and it continues to be a powerful companion to any emotion you may feel. Below, I have composed a list of pieces of classical music that have touched me, and have stayed with me. Take a listen, dim the lights, turn up the volume, and allow the music to carry you over mountains and valleys.
Ocean Of Dreams
Deborah Henson Conant
Schwanensang, Nr. 7
Pavane, Opus 50
Air On A G String
J. S. Bach
Claire De Lune
Arabeque, Nr. 1, Piano Solo
L. von Beethoven
Piano Concerto, N. 21 (Andante)
W. A. Mozart
H. C. Goldschmidt
If you know of any music that has been omitted from this list, please post it under "Comments". I'll listen to it as soon as possible.
Did You Know?
- There are 6 periods in classical music: Gothic (up to 1400s), Renaissance (1400s-1500s), Baroque (1500s-1600s-1700s), Classical (1700s-1800s), Romantic (1800s-1900s), and Contemporary (1900s)
- By the time of his 9th Symphony, Beethoven was completely deaf.
- The term "classical music" was first used in the early 19th century.
- Schubert's nickname was "Little Mushroom" because of his height.
- Vivaldi suffered from asthma.
- Most toilets flush in E flat.
- Mendelssohn wrote "A Midsummer Night's Dream" and forgot it in a cab. He then was able to completely rewrite the composition, note for note, from memory.
- Chopin started composing when he was only 7 years old.
- Mozart, however, wrote his first pieces as young as 5 years old!
- The Contemporary period began with Claude Débussy's L'Après-Midi d'Un Faune.
Gabriel's Oboe - H.C. Goldschmidt
More by this Author
In this ongoing series, I present you with a list of songs that fit a certain theme. In this list, you will find 13 beautiful Disney songs that will be sure to cheer you up!
25 of the best Enya songs!
The basics, how much, what else to feed them and what not to feed them.