Robwrite's 150th Hub: A Trivia Challenge to You
Play the Movie Quote Game
For my 150th hub, I figured I'd try something different. Instead of dispensing my usual encyclopedic cinematic knowledge, this time I'm going to let you guess, Below are 25 movie quotes. You have to guess what film they're from. They aren't obvious ones (Like "Follow the Yellow Brick Road" or "Frankly Scarlet, I don't don't give a damn!") but they'll be recognizable to a real movie buff. See how you do. If you can't guess, you can scroll down to the bottom where I have all the answers listed. Give it a shot.
WHERE ARE THESE QUOTES FROM?
1) "Into the garbage chute, flyboy!"
2) "I never drink...Wine."
3) "Did you ever pick your feet in Poughkeepsie?"
4) "You've got the brain of a five year old child, and I bet he was glad to get rid of it."
5) "I spent eight years trying to reach him and another seven trying to see that he never got released, because I realized what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply evil!"
6) "I love dead! Hate living!"
7) "I'm like a dog chasing a car. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it!"
8) "I am big! It's the pictures that got small!"
9) "If I hadn't been very rich, I might have been a really great man."
10) "Did you hear that, Vitus? Even the phones are dead here!"
11) "My goodness! People come and go so quickly here."
12) "Welcome to Sherwood, my lady."
13) "Yippee Ki Yay, mother f**ker!"
14) "It wasn't the airplanes. Twas beauty killed the beast."
15) "This town needs an enema!"
16) "Is it possible, even conceivable, that you've confused me with that gang of backwards children you play tricks on?"
17) "One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know!"
18) "He pulls a knife, you pull a gun! He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue! That's the Chicago way!"
19) "Now look here, Colonel Bat Guano...If that's really your name!"
20) "Even a man who is pure at heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the woflsbane blooms, and the autumn moon is bright."
21) "Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?"
22) "And may their first child be a masculine child."
23) "I've done hateful things I'm loved for, and lovable things I'm hated for. I'm admired for my detestability. Don't worry, dear lady. I may be rancid butter, but I'm on your side of the bread."
24) "It's not the years, honey. It's the mileage."
25) "All those moments will be lost, like tears in rain. Time to die!"
And now, here are the answers.....
1) Star Wars
3) The French Connection
4) Horse Feathers
6) The Bride of Frankenstein
7) The Dark Knight
8) Sunset Blvd.
9) Citizen Kane
10) The Black Cat
11) the Wizard of Oz
12) The Adventures of Robin Hood
13) Die hard
14) King Kong
16) All About Eve
17) Animal Crackers
18) The Untouchables
19) Dr. Strangelove
20) The Wolf Man
21) Monty Python and the Holy Grail
22) The Godfather
23) Inherit the Wind
24) Raiders of the Lost Ark
More by this Author
We've all seen the classic STAR WARS trilogy, consisting of Star Wars: A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, and The Return of the Jedi. We all know the story and the characters. Its a modern piece of folklore. But...
Movie quotes are part of our popular culture. We've all used them. Old ones ("I have a feeling we're not in Kansas any more") or newer ones ("Show me the money!"). However, you may be surprised to...
What did Native Americans expect of the first Europeans they saw? And vice versa?