Ten Best Jazz Artists
The Ten Best Jazz Artists
Jazz is a highly creative, ever changing form of music. It's been around from the early 20th century, and it continues to evolve even now. The following is a list of my favorite jazz artists and some of their best albums. Enjoy.
1. Miles Davis: Kind of Blue. This album has been called the definitive jazz album. Bringing together such greats as John Coltrane and Bill Evans, Miles Davis redefines jazz.
2. John Coltrane: A Love Supreme. Coltrane makes not only a profound spiritual statement with this album, his musical statement matches the depths of greatness.
3. Thelonius Monk: Monk's Music. On this album you'll find Thelonius Monk at his best, accompanied by John Coltrane and Coleman Hawkins.
4. Louis Armstrong: Louis Armstrong and the Dukes of Dixieland. By colloborating with the Dukes of Dixieland, Louis Armstrong is able to stand out and shine on this album.
5. Billie Holliday: Lady In Satin. Released in 1958, this album still attracts a multitude of followers with its heartfelt singing.
6. Chick Corea: Light As A Feather. With a variety of styles and unfluences, the multi-dimensional Chick Corea makes it hard to pick one favorite album. Stll, with the jazz fusion style he is famous for, this is a great album.
7. Ella Fitzgerald: Ella Fitzgerald sings the Cole Porter Songbook. Her strong voice stands out beautifully, as she performs some of the greatest jazz music.
8. Wynton Marsalis: Thick in the South. This album expresses exactly why Wynton Marsalis is one of the greatest jazz musicians.
9. Duke Ellington: Ellington Uptown. One of the most prominent figures in american jazz, Duke Ellington helped bring jazz to an artform.
10. Herbie Hancock: Possibilities. A fantastic colloboration of many artists, this album brings jazz to younger generations.
More by this Author
While both men and women are responsible for their own piece of a successful relationship, they are each also responsible for the actions they take that can damage an otherwise healthy marriage. Below are the top ten...
Men and women. We both have our strengths and our weaknesses. Together, we are stronger. This list is a satirical look at things men don't do as well as they think they do.
Learn about ten common ways that men destroy marriages.