What was your favourite Disney movie growing up in the 90s to 2000s?

1. Johnjfernando profile image60
    Johnjfernandoposted 5 years ago

I loved this movie called Treasure Planet but it did not get enough positive reviews. It was from the novel Treasure Island. I think it could of done a hell of a lot better though but you can see that Disney follows a certain formula and the one I hate the most that they tend to use at the time was, of course, time!

Character Development:

Jim Hawkins: father left when he was young, was a dropout in life, liked solar surfing/skate boarding, and gets into trouble with the law on more than one occasion.

John Silver: pirate, cyborg, the villain/anti-hero, sacrificed a lot to look for the treasure planet(loot of a thousand worlds) forms a bond with Jim unexpectedly and even takes out his guy, saving Jim. Jim slowly adopts Silver like a father because of the time they spent together on the hover-boat, racing around.

What movie comes to your mind that was great?

2. Alecia Murphy profile image91
    Alecia Murphyposted 5 years ago

I really loved the Lion King. It dealt with family and social issues an interesting and dynamic way. Power struggles, family legacy, personal identity as well as a wonderful and authentic plot made it a classic. I think that's why after nearly 20 years people still love it.

1. Johnjfernando profile image60
      Johnjfernandoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yeah! How could anyone forget that. Now its in 3D as well. You know when you get older, you tend to understand the dynamics of those films a heck of a lot better than when you were a little kid growing up. Nicely put, Alecia!..