4 Ingredient No Fuss Caramel
Caramel is one of those desserts that many think has to be complicated, but it doesn't. With just four ingredients, you make caramel for apples, caramel sauce for popcorn or even candies. This recipe is for those that want a great caramel sauce with ten minutes and very little effort.
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light or dark brown sugar
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- So I am going to simplify this recipe for you. In a heavy pan on med-high heat (6 on a 1-10 scale) pour ingredients in.
- Set until the sugar melts and starts to simmer.
- Stir constantly, not scraping the sides.( I use a metal whisk)
- How long you cook it will determine consistency, the mixture will also get darker the longer you cook it.
- At simmering point: 2 minutes for caramel sauce 5 minutes for thicker sauce for apples and such 7-8 minutes will thicken in 8 hours to chewy candies.
More by this Author
Here is the answer to the age old question. Below are five recipes and meal plans for a week of dinners accompanied by a small grocery list to create them; all under 30 dollars. The amount of food is plenty for 2-4...
A quick and easy cheesecake recipe that takes only a few minutes to prepare with a pre-made graham cracker crust. Everyone will love this!
bing images After being diagnosed with this disease in October of 2008, I was surprised and dismayed to find so little information on Pseudotumor cerebri. Sure you can find medical reports and statistics, but the...
No comments yet.