African Dishes - Have you ever eaten delicious Plantain?
Plantains are big bananas and are not usually eaten like the normal banana fruit. They are delicious to eat and easy to prepare.
- Ripe plantains (yellow ones).
- Cooking oil.
1) First, cut the plantain, by cutting off the tip and the bottom. Then slide a knife from the top to the bottom and pull it open.
2) Slice the plantain in a round or oval shape into a bowl.
3) Sprinkle with salt and mix them a bit.
4) Warm oil in a frying pan.
5) Place pieces of plantain in – flat. (no need to cover it).
6) When it is light brown, use a fork to turn the other side, so it’s brown too. (It takes about 1 to 2 minutes for one side to get brown)
Finally, when it is ready, place them in a plate or on something that will drain out any oil. It can be served with so many dishes - rice / an omelette / a pasta dish /chicken or just on its own as a light snack.
- Are you a Saucy person when it comes to food?
Are you a saucy person?
- Delicious Delicacies: Do you know what you eat abroa...
What is really in those
More by this Author
Why I don't agree with kids calling the Police on their parents.
The Art of eating Sushi off a naked woman's body.
Things I have personally noticed about people who laugh a lot. Thought provoking. Laughter is Good.