African Dishes - Have you ever eaten delicious Plantain?
Plantains are big bananas and are not usually eaten like the normal banana fruit. They are delicious to eat and easy to prepare.
- Ripe plantains (yellow ones).
- Cooking oil.
1) First, cut the plantain, by cutting off the tip and the bottom. Then slide a knife from the top to the bottom and pull it open.
2) Slice the plantain in a round or oval shape into a bowl.
3) Sprinkle with salt and mix them a bit.
4) Warm oil in a frying pan.
5) Place pieces of plantain in – flat. (no need to cover it).
6) When it is light brown, use a fork to turn the other side, so it’s brown too. (It takes about 1 to 2 minutes for one side to get brown)
Finally, when it is ready, place them in a plate or on something that will drain out any oil. It can be served with so many dishes - rice / an omelette / a pasta dish /chicken or just on its own as a light snack.
- Are you a Saucy person when it comes to food?
Are you a saucy person?
- Delicious Delicacies: Do you know what you eat abroa...
What is really in those
More by this Author
How to improve your typing skills for Jobs.
10 Reasons not to feel fed up with life. Don't throw in the Towel. You have so much to live for.
Things I have personally noticed about people who laugh a lot. Thought provoking. Laughter is Good.