Bacon Cheddar Wrapped Apples
This is a fun delicious recipe that can be an after school snack, game snacks, party hors d'oeuvres, or part of a meal! Easy to make and you can use low sodium bacon and low fat cheese to be a healthier recipe.
- 1 - 2 Granny Smith Apples, Slice into 16 slices
- 1 Tblsp Brown Sugar
- Dash Salt
- 1 can Pillsbury Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 8 slices Cheddar Cheese, Cut in half each
- 16 slices Precooked Bacon, Don't crisp it!
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheet with nonstick foil, parchment paper or silicone baking mat. (Some cheese will melt out during baking so this will make cleanup easier.)
- In medium bowl, toss apple slices with brown sugar; sprinkle with salt.
- On cutting board, unroll dough; separate dough into 8 triangles. From center of longest side to opposite point, cut each triangle in half, making 16 triangles.
- Place 1 cheese slice on shortest side of each dough triangle; top each with 1 apple slice. Fold sides of dough triangle up slightly; wrap dough around apple and cheese. Wrap 1 bacon slice around outside of each dough roll-up, making sure ends of bacon are on bottom and slightly tucked in. Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm.
More by this Author
As the electronic age grows, so does the options to meet people. Do you think it encourages cheating?
It is just the plain truth, men and women are very different!
Looking for a fresh idea to propose? Here are 46 ideas to choose from or inspire you to create your own!