Baked And Healthy Doughnuts
Please Rate Our Baked Donuts Recipe
Healthy Baked Donuts
Here's how you can make delicious but healthy baked donuts. These donuts are delicious but made with out grease so their real healthy for you. Plus we tell you how to make powdered Splenda. Yes you can. And then you can have delicious powdered sugar doughnuts that are good for you.
Ingredients For Baked Donuts
- 3 Cups Flour, Unbleached White Flour
- 2 Packages Active Dry Yeast
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Sea Salt
- 10 Ounces Lite Silken Tofu
- 1 Cup Soy Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Wheat Gluten
- 1 Cup Warm Water
Instructions For Baked Donuts
- In a large mixing bowl you will want to whisk together your sugar, yeast, gluten, flours, and salt.
- You will want to use your paddle attachment in a stand mixer and then blend together the tofu and water on low speed. You may have a few lumps but that's okay. Now you want to add your dry ingredients, one half cup at a time until they are all added in and well mixed. Mix until the mixture pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Now you will want to transfer to a plastic container with plenty of room for rising and a tight fitting lid and put it in the refrigerator over night.
- When the next morning comes you want to lightly spray a baking sheet with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- You will want to have a lightly floured cooking surface and on that surface divide your dough into 16 equal pieces and roll into 16 balls of dough. Flatten your balls by patting them slightly flat and then push your thumb through the center of each flattened ball and take your fingers and shape it into a doughnut shape. Be sure your hole in the center is large enough or it will close up while baking.
- Place about two inches apart on the baking sheet. Brush your doughnuts with egg wash made out of one egg and 1/4 cup of milk beaten well together. Cover and set aside to rise until they have doubled in size. Be sure you still have your holes after they have risen.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Just before you put them in the oven again brush them with the egg wash. Bake them for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Either apply your glaze with a brush or shake them in a brown paper bag with powdered Splenda. How to make powdered Splenda is below. You can use two tablespoons of the powdered Slpenda in the recipe for the donuts if you don't want to or can't use the sugar. If you use the powdered Splenda the doughnuts will have 0 MG of Cholesterol.
Please Vote In Our Poll
How Likely Are You To Make Baked Doughnuts?See results without voting
How To Make Powdered Splenda
I really don't know why Splenda doesn't offer powdered Splenda for sale. Its not like it takes a rocket scientist to make it.
1 Cup Splenda
1 Tablespoon Cornstarch.
Make it in that ratio and make as much as you want. For each cup of Splenda add 1 tablespoon cornstarch. Put your ingredients into a food processor with the metal blade and run it on high until you have the consistency of powdered sugar. While it is running keep shaking it down until you get perfect powdered sugar. I have started to make and use this sugar in a lot of my baking in place of the sugar.
The orange glaze is really good on the donuts.
4 Tablespoons Orange Juice Concentrate.
1 Teaspoon Vanilla.
1 Teaspoon Grated Orange Zest.
2 Cups Powdered Splenda.
Put all the ingredients in the food processor and blend until smooth.I could eat this glaze with a spoon.
Doughnut Baking Pan
If your going to be making baked donuts often you should buy yourself a doughnut baking pan like the one in the photo above. Keep it well sprayed with vegetable cooking spray and you'll end up with perfect baked doughnuts every time.
6 Tablespoons Lowfat Milk.
2 Tablespoons Cocoa.
2 Tablespoons Butter.
1 Tablespoon Vanilla.
2 Cups Powdered Splenda
In a small nonstick saucepan, combine your milk, cocoa, butter, and vanilla. Over medium heat , stirring occasionally, bring to a boil. Continue to boil and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and let cool 1 minute. Now swiftly whisk in the powdered Splenda.
Powdered Sugar Donuts
You need to shake gently but in a large brown paper bag add one cup powdered Splenda and 1 tablespoon cinnamon and then gently shake each doughnut in the bag when they come out of the oven.
I hope you get to make and enjoy these wonderful healthy donuts real soon. They really are some of the best baked doughnuts you will ever get to eat.
Powdered Splenda Recipe
The powdered Splenda recipe is above.
I want to thank you for reading my Hub Page on Baked Doughnuts. I really hope there are some delicious baked doughnuts in your future real soon. if you have comments, questions, or tips please post them now.
More by this Author
Here you will find my award-winning recipe for beef, pork, and bean chili. Yes, I know, people claim all the time to have the best, but this one really is.
Here on this page you will find some of the most delicious Quesadilla Recipes you will ever taste. As a quick snack tortillas stack up great-literally. Quesadillas are are popular Mexican sandwiches usually made...
If you want to know exactly how to grow a vegetable garden here is all the information you will ever need.