Bear N Mom Recipes - Crock Pot Oriental Beef Roast
Since I got a new crock pot last Christmas, I have been experimenting with recipes that I've seen online and added my own flair to them. This one is a mix between a standard pot roast and an oriental recipe. The addition of the broccoli adds that little extra zing as well as the mixture of the gravy mixture that is poured over the roast to give it that added flavor.
- 2 lb . Chuck Shoulder Roast
- 1 pkg. McCormick Brown Gravy
- 1 pkg. Liptons Onion Mushroom Soup & Dip Mix
- 1 serving Motts Applesauce
- 2 cups Water
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 small onion
- 2 stalks celery, chopped course
- 1 pkg. Frozen Baby Broccoli Florets
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- Brown your roast on all sides in a tablespoon on cooking oil until all sides are browned.
- Place the roast into the crock pot with chopped onion and celery.
- Peel and chop potatoes and add around roast. If you please you can omit the potatoes and make mashed potatoes on the side to pour some of the sauce and broccoli over.
- Mix together onion and mushroom soup mix, brown gravy packet, applesauce and the Worcestershire Sauce in the water and then pour over the roast.
- Cook on low for approximately 6 hours. Gravy will thicken and cover your entree.
- About a hour before you are ready to serve, pour the broccoli around the roast and mix into the sauce so that it is covered with the flavoring.
For that true oriental taste you can substitute Soy Sauce for the Worcestershire Sauce. The addition of some bamboo shoots and water chestnuts would also add to the flavor. This is another one of those "try it -- You'll like it" recipes that you can't ruin by adding something new to the recipe.
More by this Author
Frittata made the way my son likes it with broccoli and tomato instead of the Italian meats. A vegetable frittata similar to having a vegetable lasagna. Can be used for a Lenten alternative meal.
crock pot cooking using a corned beef brisket
Cooking tips for casseroles and main menu items