Bear N Mom Recipes - Star Kiss Cookies
This cookie attracted my attention when I was going over picture images of different cookies. The finished product was not posted just an indication that the cookies were made from pie dough and candy kisses. You know I'm all for doing things the easy way. So on my next trip to the grocery store, I bought pie dough but didn't get around to trying it out and made an apple pie instead with the crusts.
- 1 box Puff Pastry Sheets
- 24 Milk Chocolate Kisses
- red sugar sprinkles, optional
- Let Puff Pastry come to room temperature and open flat.
- Prepare your cookie sheets by placing a sheet of parchment paper on them. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a medium glass cut the dough into rings.
- Place a candy kiss on the ring and fold up the sides to form four points around the candy and place on cookie sheet
Candy Kiss variations are always good.
After trying this I found that the cookies would taste better sprinkled with candy sugars. For Christmas, I would suggest red or green.
The puff pastry has a tendency to become sticky if you don't work fast and the last few stars didn't want to stick together. After they came out of the oven and started to cool, I had to reshape them so that they stuck to the candy kisses. Otherwise, I think this is a good addition to my regular easy cookie recipes.
More by this Author
Summary of the special cookies made for Christmas 2010
Is it a cookie or a candy? Even better it's a cookie with a candy bar in it. This quick recipe makes original cookies with your favorite candy bar inside.
Melt in your mouth butter balls with pecans and powdered sugar.
No comments yet.