Birthday Cupcake Decorating Ideas
Birthday Cupcake Decorating Ideas
Is your birthday coming around? Or maybe the birthday of someone you care about? Get out the baking supplies and make some cupcakes!
No, cupcakes are not a cop-out; true, they're easier than regular cake, but they are also quite fashionable these days. Entire baking empires are built on cupcakes these days! What used to be just for kids has been elevated to a pastry for any occasion.
Here 's an idea for baking and decorating your own simple cupcakes that will make a real splash at any party.
- 18 ¼ oz white cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tbps milk
- food coloring, -- your choice!
- Prepare the cupcakes made from the cake mix, following directions. Allow them to cool.
- Cream the butter and shortening in a bowl. Add vanilla and 1 cup of sugar. Beat well. Add remaining sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating until fully incorporated.
- Add milk and beat until the frosting becomes light and fluffy.
- Divide the frosting into four separate bowls. Leave one plain white. tint the other three frostings different colors.
- Frost your cooled cupcakes with the colored frostings. Smooth the frosting on with a spatula and smooth over the top of the frosting.
- Put some of your white frosting into a baking bag with a writing tip. Choose words to write on cupcakes for the occasion. One approach is to write the names of guests, to personalize them. Another option is to ask guests ahead of time for a word that describes the birthday person... and write one word one each cupcake. Another option is to line up the cupcakes and write a message to the birthday person, putting one word (or even one letter) on each cupcake.
- Put the cupcakes in the fridge to help the frosting set.
You can further decorate your cupcake in the following ways:
- sprinkle with festive sprinkles, confetti or colored sugar for some shimmer
- Stick a lollipop in the cake for an extra treat
- Dip one end of a tube cookie in chocolate then roll it in sprinkles or colored sugar. Let the chocolate set, then stick the other end into the side of the cupcake.
- get some fondant and a fondant stamp, and stamp out little fondant shapes or letters to add to the cakes.
- get little toothpick flags with messages on them to make the cupcakes festive.
Even MORE Ideas!
My other Cake Hubs
- How to Make Cozonac Romanesc
Cozonac Romanesc The Cozonac Romanesc or Christmas cake is traditional Romanian sweet bread and is usually prepared during special holidays like Easter, Christmas, New Year, and Pentecost. This sweet bread is...
- Delicious Sponge Cake Recipes
There are many sponge cake recipes in which you can choose to prepare for a special meal with your loved ones. But, there are only a few sponge cake recipes in which you can choose to truly get into their...
More by this Author
What To Serve With Lobster What to serve with lobster and how to serve a lobster In order to have the perfect lobster meal. What to serve with warm or cold Lobster,3 Methods
Peeling vegetables can definitely take the fun out of cooking, especially if it takes a very long time to do so. That’s why there exist numerous and varying designs of vegetable peelers in the market...
A small bedroom doesn't have to be a problem-- with a few tips and techniques you can still create a room that will make you feel like you have a cozy, luxury suite.