Black Bean Hummus
- 1/2 cup dried garbanzos beans
- 1/2 cup dried black beans
- 6 pitted black olives
- 1/4 red onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Combine the dry beans in a large bowl. Add water until the beans are covered with three inches in water. Cover with plastic wrap and let the beans soak overnight in the fridge.
- In the morning, drain the beans and add to a large pot and cover with fresh water, three inches above beans.
- Bring beans to a boil then turn down to a simmer. Stir occasionally and cook the beans for about one hour. Drain when beans are soft.
- In a food processor, pulse all of the ingredients to a coarse paste. The thickness and coarseness of the hummus can be adjusted with adjustments to the water and/or processing.
More by this Author
Meatless dumplings for those who love Chinese takeout pot stickers but want to avoid eating meat. Confession: I love steamed dumplings more than pretty much any other kind of food!
This baked gooey rice casserole is easy to make, comforting, and delicious. The whole family will love it!
These pizza eggrolls are a light and crunchy snack, that when paired with a side salad make a great entrée.
No comments yet.