Bring on the Blender- 30 Smoothie Ideas
Smoothies, juices, and shakes can be a great pre-workout meal, post-workout recovery drink or a nice afternoon pick-me-up. There are endless options to what you put in your liquid meal. Try some of these ideas or get creative and try mixing in what you have at home. In any of the recipes, feel free to add a scoop of protein powder to add some protein to the mix. If you want a thicker smoothie, use less milk and ice and add more fruit. Here are 30 favorite ideas on what to put in your blender to keep you satisfied and healthy.
1. Morning Zest- Mix ½ cup each grapefruit, ginger, carrot and pear with 1 cup milk.
2. Sweet Dreams- Blend ½ mango, 1 banana, ¼ of an avocado, ¼ cup spinach, and 1 cup almond milk.
3. Mega Meal- 1 ½ cups strawberries, ½ cup blueberries, ½ banana, 1 TB almond butter, 1 scoop protein powder, ¼ of an avocado, 1 cup soy milk
4. Triple Berry Blend- 1 ½ cups mixed blackberries, strawberries and raspberries with 1 cup milk and 1 cup ice.
5. Go Bananas- Blend 2 bananas, ½ cup vanilla yogurt, ½ cup milk, 2 teaspoons honey, a pinch of cinnamon and 1 cup ice
6. Strawberry Shortcake- Blend 2 cups strawberries, 1 cup ground up graham crackers, 1 ½ cup almond milk, and 1 ½ cup ice.
7. Berry –Orange- Blend 1 cup orange juice with your choice of berries (raspberries work well) ½ cup vanilla yogurt and 1 cup ice.
8. PMB- Blend 1 cup each chopped peaches and mango with 1 cup plain yogurt and ½ cup sugar.
9. Spa Cucumber- Peel, seed and chop 2 medium cucumbers. Squeeze 1 lime in. Mix in ½ cup water, 1 cup ice and 3 to 4 tablespoons of honey.
10.Kiwi- Strawberry- Blend 1 cup strawberries, 2 peeled kiwis, 2 TB agave nectar and 2 cups ice.
11.Cherry-Vanilla- Blend 1 ½ cups cherries, 1 ¼ cups milk, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, ¼ teaspoon almond extract, a pinch of salt and 1 cup ice.
12.Tangerine-Honey- Peel and seed 4 tangerines, then juice 2 limes in and blend ¼ cup honey and 1 cup milk.
13.Apricot-almond- Blend together 1 ½ cups apricots, ½ cup vanilla yogurt, 2 tablespoons almond butter and 1 cup milk.
14.Purple Grape- Blend 2 cups grapes with 1 cup grape juice and 1 ½ cups ice.
15.Blueberry-Pear- Blend 1 ½ cups frozen blueberries, 1 chopped pear, 1 ½ cups maple yogurt and ½ cup milk.
16.Pomegranate- Cherry- 1 cup cherries and ¾ cup pomegranate juice. Blend those two items with ½ cup plain yogurt, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, a pinch of cinnamon and 2 cups ice.
17.Chai- Blend 1 ½ cups chai tea concentrate with 1 cup milk and 1 cup ice. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
18.B & B- Blend 1 banana, 1 cup blueberries, ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk, 1 tablespoon honey and lime juice. Add ¼ teaspoon vanilla or almond extract and 1 cup ice.
19.Hawaii Style- Blend 2 cups chopped pineapple, ½ cup cottage cheese, ¼ cup milk, 2 tablespoons honey, ¼ teaspoon vanilla, a pinch of nutmeg and a pinch of salt.
20.Black and White- Blend 1 pint blackberries, ½ cup raspberries, 1 cup vanilla yogurt and 1 tablespoon honey.
21.Creamsicle- Blend ¾ cup frozen orange concentrate with ½ cup cold water. Add 1 cup vanilla yogurt and ½ cup milk.
22.Pumpkin Spice- Blend ½ cup pumpkin puree and ½ cup silken tofu. Add 3 ½ tablespoons brown sugar with 1 cup milk, ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice and 1 cup ice.
23.PBB & J- Blend 1 frozen banana with 1 cup soy or almond milk. Add ¼ cup peanut butter and ¼ cup wheat germ. Blend in 2 tablespoons strawberry jelly.
24.Cucumber-Kale- Blend 1 ¼ cups vegetable juice, ½ peeled cucmber, 3 kale leaves and ½ lemon.
25.Green-tea- Almond- Brew 1 ½ cups green tea. Cool completely. Blend with 1/3 cup almonds, ¼ cup honey and 1 cup ice.
26.Chocolate- Banana- Blend 1 banana, 1 scoop chocolate protein powder, ½ cup milk and 1 tablespoon of peanut butter.
27.Strawberry-Maple- Blend 2 cups strawberries, 1 ½ cup milk, ¼ cup maple yogurt, ¼ cup wheat germ, a dash of ground cinnamon and 1 ½ cups ice.
28.Lemon- Poppy- Blend 2 teaspoons poppy seeds, zest of ½ lemon, 1 cup vanilla yogurt, ½ cup almond milk.
29.Apple- Spinach- Blend 2 cups spinach, 1 chopped apple, ½ cup tofu, ¼ cup soy milk, ½ cup orange juice, 1 tablespoon wheat germ, 1 tablespoon honey 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 1 cup ice.
30. Spicy Mint- Blend 1/3 cup mint, 1 seeded jalapeno pepper, 2 ½ tablespoons honey, 2 cups plain yogurt, 1 cup ice. To
More by this Author
Eating almonds consistently can reduce your risk of a heart attack, lower your cholesterol, and among many other benefits, help you maintain a healthy weight. A few nutrients that almonds have a high percentage of are...
The secret to great legs is consistently mixing up your lower-body routine. Lunges make for the perfect exercise because they target the quads, hamstrings, glutes and even the calf muscle. But typically you only see...
Using hot and cold contrast therapy can help relieve pain, heal the body, and rejuvenate the mind.