Buy A Hamilton Beach Ice Shaver Online
Small Ice Makers The 68050
I use to think people who were addicted to chewing on ice were just a little special. A friend of mine Jerrie always kept a cup of ice on her desk and would chomp, chomp, chomp all day. I thought that is just crazy! Until one very hot summer day I bought a snow cone from the corner vendor just to cool myself from the heat. I found myself going to a snow cone vendor every day to buy a snow cone just to chomp on the ice. Shortly there after i began to tell the vendor hold the syrup please. I would give the vendor my $1 and I was a happy camper.
It was not long before that one snow cone turned into 2, 3 or sometimes four cones a day during the summer. For those wondering this is a true story. Budget wise I spent more money an buying the snow cones so I started to just buy the bag of snow ice for $4.95 and be finish with it. I purchased my snow ice a few summers in a row feeling content.
Hamilton Beach 68055
It was not soon before lugging the 20lb. bag of ice was becoming a royal pain in the butt. One day as I was surfing around on the internet I decided to google snow ice and snow ice maker. To my surprise there were small ice machines on amazon just right for ice shavings. I began my hunt and research for ice shaver machines and ice making machines trying to make a decision which were the best choice. On my quest I came across commercial ice shaver machines which cost a ton of money, and I knew that was way out of my range of budget.
The first machine I purchased was the Hamilton Beach 68055. I was excited when the ice machine arrived. It was like a child at Christmas. I tore open the box, and could not wait to try out my new Hamilton Beach ice shaver machine. It was fantastic! It made real snow cones just like what you purchase from the vendors in the summer.
Hamilton Beach Ice Maker vs.The Deni Ice Machine
For those wondering I actually do have the Hamilton Beach in black and white and the Deni machine. I first purchased the Hamilton Beach machine in black, oh I was in love with how awesome it made the snow ice. The little portable ice maker is so small you can just sit it just about anywhere in your kitchen without taking up a lot of space. It works great. It has two features you can make slushies or snow ice. Having my own ice making machine at home is the best thing since slice bread. I wish I had discovered the ice shavers machine much sooner.
With the Hamilton Beach ice shaver machine is has two settings. The ice shaver machine will make snow cones and slushies. I just love the snow cone setting the shaved ice comes out perfect it is so light and fluffy it just melts instantly in your mouth. For me having a home ice machine is totally cool, I do not have to wait for the summer to purchase a snow cone I can make my own.
The Deni is pretty cool as well. I also purchased the Deni machine out of pure curiosity to see if it would beat the Hamiliton Beach ice maker. For those who enjoy the actual chomping on very small pieces of crushed ice this is the way to go. The Deni actually gives you crushed tiny ice that is excellent for mixed drinks.
Icy Treats For The Kiddies
Who does not love a Strawberry Slushie? I remember growing up how I loved slushies. Here are a few Icy treats you can make with your machine:
- Strawberry Slushie
- 6 ounces of water
- 24 ounces of frozen strawberries
- 6 ounces of raspberry or strawberry syrup
- 8 ounces of ice
- Put your syrup and water in the bowl with the paddle. Put your strawberries in the top of the machine on slushie setting. Shave your strawberries. Now put your ice cubes in the top of the machine still have your setting on slushie. Shave your ice until the large ice line is reached. Now you and a friend are ready to enjoy your slushies.
- Rainbow Snowcones
- Variety of flavor syrup, strawberry, apple, grape, watermelon, blueberry
- 2 tablespoons of water
- ice cream scoop
- Shave your ice on snow cones setting until you have enough to serve 4 children.
- You will need your ice cream scoop to form the snow cone into balls and place in cup
- alternate your choice of flavors and drizzle of snow ice
Making Drinks For Parties
The Deni Ice shaver machine is a better choice for making adult beverages. The Deni ice making machine gives you a better crushed ice instead of snow cone ice.
- Frozen Cosmopolitian
- 4 ounces pink grapefruit cocktail
- 2 ounces vodka
- 2 ounces raspberry syrup
- Put all your ingredients except ice in the bowl with the paddle. Put your ice in the top so you can shave or crush your ice. So what you should have is your liquid ingredients in the bowl and the ice will fall downward into your bowl while the paddle stirs the ingredients. Enjoy!!
Frozen Strawberry Margaritta
Who does not love a Margaritta? Here is how to make a great drink with your new home ice shaver machine.
- What You Will Need
- 5 ounces strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 5 ounces strawberry juice concentrate
- 5 ounces of tequila
- 2 ounces triple sec
- powder salt
- wedge of lime
- crushed ice
- Put your frozen strawberries and ice in the top of the shute
- All of your liquid ingredient will be in the bowl with the paddle
- Turn setting to slush and let your frozen ingredients crush together
- into the bowl with your tequila, and juice concentrate
- Take the wedge of lime and run it along the rim of your glass
- Pour your powder salt on a plate so you can place your glass
- on the salt let set just for a second.
- Gentle pick up your glass and pour your drinks and serve
- Don't forget to garnish with your lime wedge
More by this Author
I thought I would do another recipe hub, but do a receipe for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I have found that going meatless is not as hard as I thought it would be. Some substitions are good, but other taste pretty...
For those who have had fried turkey know it is delicious! In my pre-vegetarian days I had the opportunity to experience fried turkey. I was living in Louisiana at the time, and thought fried turkey: "are you...
© Adrienne Manson All rights reserved permission must be granted by the author before any part of this article can be reproduced. Links may be used to link back to the article. We’ve all had run-ins with...