Chow Mein-The Best Of Chinese Noodles
Chinese noodles can be made into a variety of dishes such as American Chopsuey,Chow Mein,Chicken Noodles,to name a few. Depending on the choice of meat and vegetables, you can alter it to suit your palate while using the basic Chinese sauces and flavorings that give it the authentic Chinese taste. Chow Mein differs from the simple Chinese chicken noodles only because a sauce is made for the seasoning and served over a bed of crispy fried noodles,or cooked and then fried noodles.
How To Prepare Chow Mein:
You need to cook the noodles before proceeding to prepare the Chow Mein. The 5 Simple Steps To Cooking Perfect Noodles teaches you how.
200 gm noodles
200 gm chicken
200 gm cabbage
1/2 cup chicken stock
60 gm mushrooms
2 stalks celery
1 flake garlic
1 inch piece ginger
2 tsp soya sauce
2tsp chilli sauce
2 tsp tomato sauce
2 tsp vinegar
2 cups peanut oil
salt to taste
- Shred cabbage
- Crush garlic
- Slice ginger & leeks
- Cook chicken and shred to small strips.Save the stock.
- In a pan,heat tsp of oil,add slightly beaten egg and cook till set. remove from pan.
- In the same pan, add 2 tsp more oil,fry crushed garlic,sliced leek,cabbage,mushrooms,sliced ginger,shredded chicken.
- Separately blend cornflour and soya sauce with some of the chicken stock. Pour his into the mix on heat.
- Simmer till sauce thickens.
- Add chilli sauce and tomato sauce and vinegar.
- In another pan, fry the cooked noodles in remaining oil for about 5 minutes.
- To serve, put the noodles into a deep serving dish,decorate with egg strips and top up with the chicken-vegetable mixture.
Best eaten hot!
More by this Author
Asians and Indians in particular love the spicy dish called Biryani.It is mildly fragrant,a complete meal in itself,prepared with rice and chicken.Lamb may also be used instead of chicken.Festivals and marriages...
Do you want your kids to do well in school?Do you want them to be good in sports and music as well?It certainly pays to take a look at the daily diet given. Are your children getting proper nutrition and at the right...
I took this picture very early in the morning while the lady of the house was drawing this festive rangoli. The unfinished design shows earthern pots with rice being cooked and sugar canes, which are part of every...