Christmas Brown Sugar Fudge Recipe Using Candied Fruits
Here's a recipe for a Christmas fudge. It is non-chocolate and colored and flavored with candied fruits, just like fruitcake. Cut into tiny squares and serve next to chocolate truffles or chocolate treats on the candy plate for the holidays.
Holiday Christmas Fudge Recipe
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup firmly pack light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon unsalted whole butter (no substitutions)
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped mixed candied fruits (in different colors)
- 1/4 cup chopped candied cherries
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Bring to a boil the cream, milk, corn syrup, sugar, and salt inside a heavy saucepan. Stir the mixture occasionally until the mixture comes to a full boil. Lower heat until so it boils gently, and cook until the candy thermometer reaches 236 degrees F, or soft ball stage.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat. Add in the butter, almond extract, and vanilla extract. Stir and let cool until the candy reaches 115 degrees (roughly lukewarm, not boiling hot).
- Beat the mixture until it is thick, and the shine has gone.
- Press out all the moisture or liquid from the candied fruits. Add them with the nuts to the fudge candy, and transfer to a buttered baking dish, about 8 inch or 9 inch square.
- Cool completely, and cut into squares.
More by this Author
Biscuits are supposed to be light, fluffy, moist and at times either rich, savory or sweet. If biscuits are tough and heavy, then a few things could be the problem. Here are some reasons why biscuits may be tough or...
A matignon is a little-referred to term for an important part of cooking. It is a combination of vegetables and other flavorful ingredients (bacon and ham are two popular additions), and can be used as an ingredient or...
You don't need a special embroidery machine to do machine embroidery. Machine embroidery can be done with a standard sewing machine. Here are the steps to complete the task.
No comments yet.