Coffee Cozies and Coffee Sleeves to Make and Use
Small Town Girl's Adventures as a Coffee Connoisseur (Keeping it Warm)
I like my French Press coffee maker. I've got a couple of them now. One I take with me when I travel, usually babysitting for my sister. The other I keep at home. It works for the big mug of coffee I like. It's also big enough to make a few medium sized mugs of coffee when I have people visiting.
There is one flaw to the French Press coffee maker. It doesn't keep the coffee warm for very long. If I get distracted while the coffee is brewing, if I don't get there in the required 5 minutes of brew time, the coffee begins to cool off pretty quickly in the pot. Same again for my coffee mug, but I get used to lukewarm coffee at my desk. Not that I love it.
I do have a coffee sleeve which I keep in my purse for those times I get a latte when I'm out and the paper cup is too hot. It's really good when I'm out and using a take out cup.
I didn't have anything for my French Press coffee pot until this summer when I bought a coffee pot cozie from a shop on Etsy.
Coffee cozies and sleeves will give you a greener option to the disposable coffee cup wraps that keep you from burning your hand on a hot mug and keep your coffee from cooling off too quickly.
Knit Flower Coffee Cozie
Coffee Cozie and Sleeve Patterns
Making your own coffee cup or coffee maker cozy is a good way to use up some fabric and other sewing scraps or learn to sew or practice sewing skills like embellishments: embroidery, applique and crochet too. Get inventive and have fun with it. Once you have the basic shape you need there are few limits to your creativity.
- Gingham French-Press Cozy - Martha Stewart Crafts
- Quick Crochet Coffee Sleeve Pattern for Madeleine's Party | A Crafty House
- Ruby Knits - Crochet To Go Cup Holder
- Crochet and Other Stuff: Crochet a Mug Cozy
- Debbie Jean's: Crochet Coffee Cozy
- The Crochet Dude : Coffee Cup Cozy
- Jan Spirik: Beaded Coffee Cup Cozy
- Must Knit: Coffee Cozy | Dana Must Knit
- ChemKnits: Briar Rose French Press Coffee Cozy
- Cornflower Blue: free knitting pattern :: greensleeves coffee cozy
- Coffee Corset Cozy PDF 70 from Innerhooker
- Coffee Corset Cozy
- Starbucks Coffee Cup Cozy ~ Easy Craft For The Beach
- House on Hill Road | Coffee Cozy Tutorial
- How to make a Crochet Coffee Cozy tutorial | Skip To My Lou
- Coffee Cozy Tutorial | Skip To My Lou
A Little More to Read While you Have Your Second Cup
- Pinterest | Coffee Cozy
- Pinterest | Coffee Cup Cozy
- Coffee Pot Cozies Can Be Practical and Pretty Too | Ululating Undulating Ungulate
- Flickr: The Coffee House Art Pool
Spending a lot of time in coffee houses, I see lots of coffee house art gallerys. Some of it is good and some of it is not. I find myself taking a lot of photos of the art hanging in coffee houses. I know this is not my art, but taking photos of it h
How To: Fabric Coffee Cozy Pattern
© 2012 Laura Brown
More by this Author
Snowmen are part of the Christmas decorations and ornaments but they can really last all winter long, if it's cold enough outside.
Christmas ASCII art created by ldb (me).
When did you last make paper snowflakes? Get paper, scissors, a pencil and maybe some glitter - start folding and cutting. If you make enough you can have a paper snow storm.