Chili Dumpling Stew
Foods Little Hug
Comfort Food: Everyone needs a good dose of it and it doesn’t matter what the reason may be. Growing up in our house, the comfort food of choice was always Chili Dumpling Stew. This delectable beef and potato mixture has been a favorite ever since I was a little girl and now it has become a favorite to my children as well. There is nothing better to warm your belly and soothe your soul than a bowl of Chili Dumpling Stew and some hot Corn Bread muffins. Call it “foods little hug”.
Serves 6 to 8
- 2 1/2 cups dices and peeled potatoes (about 4 medium)
- 1 (1lb) can red kidney beans - undrained
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp margarine
- 1 large onion - chopped
- 1 lb hamburger
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 can tomato rice soup (if you can't find this soup, get tomato soup and add 1/2 cup cooked rice to the recipe)
- In a kettle, mix the first 4 ingredients plus 3 cups of water
- Bring to a boil
Meanwhile... in a skillet
- Melt the margarine - add the onion and cook for 2 to 3 minutes
- Add the hamburger and cook until it loses its color - breaking it up into pieces
- Add the chili powder and soup
- Bring mixture to a boil
Meanwhile...stir the 1st mixture
- Add the 2nd mixture to the 1st mixture
- Cover and simmer for 45 minutes
Nothing really needs to be added to this wonderful dish; however, if you are like my family, you might like to top your chili with a little sour cream and some shredded sharp cheddar cheese. Just a thought!
Enjoy your meal and Happy Cooking!
Do you have a recipe you would like to share?
- Signup For HubPages
If you have a recipe you think is worthy of sharing why not join HubPages and let everyone else be the judge. It's free to join and you get paid for sharing. So, why not start today? - Just click the link and you will be on your way.
© 2011 bellartdesigns
More by this Author
Cooking substitutions for buttermilk, cake flour, garlic, sour cream, and vinegar, just to name a few.
Need an extraordinary gift? Have you been elected to bring in 30 “something’s” for your child’s class? Perhaps you are responsible for your friend’s baby shower favors? Here is a simple...
One perennial that loves to reside in a container is the Confederate Jasmine (Trachelospermum Jasminoides). Lavish tiny white flowers deliver an abundance of sweet smell.