Best Coconut Bread Pudding Recipe
The Best Coconut Bread Pudding You'll Ever Taste!
Good recipes aren't always planned. You might accidentally throw something together that turns out to be the best taste of the century. Surprise! So it was with my fabulous Coconut Bread Pudding.
The first time I ever tasted Coconut Bread Pudding was at the Rainforest Cafe. I nearly fell over in my chair. I craved it for weeks until I tried out my own recipe & made it myself. My recipe is NOT the same as the Rainforest's. Never wanting to follow directions the way I'm supposed to, I created my own version of Coconut Bread Pudding.
- 1 - 15 oz. can Cream of Coconut, (Coco Lopez or Costamar)
- 1/4 Cup Milk, (Whole)
- 1/4 Cup Organic Coconut Oil, (or real butter)
- 2 Gently beaten eggs, (Organic is best)
- 1/2 - 3/4 Cup (depending on sweetness preference) Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- Dash of Salt
- 8 to 9 slices (or about 6 Cups, more or less). Cut-Up Bread Cubes, (Most prefer white bread but wheat can be used)
- 1 Cup Shredded Sweetened Coconut
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Take the Bread and cube into small squares and place in a 10x10 glass or ceramic baking dish. You can add more or less bread, depending on how you like your pudding.
- Together in a large cooking pan, add the Cream of Coconut, Organic Coconut Oil, Milk, 2 slightly beaten eggs, Sugar, Nutmeg & Cinnamon, Dash of Salt, & Shredded Coconut together.
- Hand stir with a large spoon until the mixture is fairly blended.
- Place on the stove burner on fairly low heat and stir until mixture is dissolved.
- Pour entire mixture evenly over bread cubes in the baking dish,.
- Place in oven on center rack and bake for approximately 1 hour at 350 degrees. Bake time may vary......pudding is usually done when surface is a dark, golden brown.
After An Hour Of Baking.....
Remove the dish from the oven. The center will be golden brown & nearly brown at the corners. The surface will be crisp; even crispier after cooling. Insert a knife into the middle to make sure it's done. If it's crunchy outside & pudding consistency on the inside, it's done. Taste a sample from the center to make sure it's the consistency you like. You'll know when it's just right!
You can spoon the servings out if you have a soft consistency or cut into squares with a thicker consistency.
Top with Vanilla Ice Cream, whip cream, or powdered sugar for added zest.
Coconut Bread Pudding can be frozen and reheated. It's delicious whatever way it's served. Remember, you can adjust the recipe to your taste, adding more of less of a certain ingredient. That's how I came up with it.
Now that I've contributed to your food craving addiction, I hope you enjoy my recipe! Forgive me!
Well, what did you think?
More by this Author
Listen up employers, managers, supervisors! Using the scare tactic & unrealistic quotas to motivate your employees is demoralizing and counter-productive. Read how you can turn it around before it's too late.
Relationship advice on how to get over someone who leaves you. Lack of closure in a relationship is something that can linger forever. How do you get closure?
A summary of the shocking story of Johnny Gosch, kidnapped & tortured to be used as part of a sex slave operation. One person never gave up hope: His mother, Noreen Gosch. Learn about incidents related to this case...
No comments yet.