Easy Homemade Spaghetti Marinara and Meatball Recipe
How to Make Spagetti Marinara Sauce and Meatballs.
This is one of my Italian husband's favorite dishes. I am not Italian, but I am married to one and since we have been together I have tried my best to learn how to make good Italian meals. I have learned a lot from my mother-in-law that is a very good Italian cook and I have had quite a bit of trial and error along the way. This spaghetti marinara sauce and meatball recipe is a classic meal your whole family will enjoy.
Chunky Marinara Sauce
1 large 33 oz can of diced tomatoes
1 large 33 oz can of tomato sauce
1 medium size yellow onion
1 cup of red wine
1 green pepper (can substitute a red pepper for an extra kick)
3 to 4 cloves of garlic
4 T olive oil
Large sauce pan
1. Heat olive oil up in sauce pan under medium heat.
2. Dice onion, green pepper, and garlic and add to sauce pan an sauté until you can see through the onions.
3. Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and red wine into the sauce pan right in with the sautéd vegetables.
4. Turn down the heat to low and simmer for 1 hour, stirring every 10 minutes or so.
1 pound of ground beef (can substitute with turkey ground)
1/2 cup of Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
1 large baking sheet
1. Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
2. Mash ground beef, breadcrumbs, and egg together.
3. Roll into 2 inch round balls and place on baking sheet.
4. Bake for for 45 minutes turning every 15 minutes.
1 pound spaghetti noodles
4 T olive oil
1 large sauce pan
1 large colander
1. Boil spaghetti for 10 minutes in sauce pan and drain into colander.
2. Pour spaghetti back into sauce pan and mix the olive oil into the cooked pasta.
More by this Author
When you have naturally curly hair getting the right haircut and knowing how to style it is essential for good results......
Keeping up with your all over color does require you to get a root touch up. If you prefer to get your hair done at the salon or if you do your own color at home the same rules will apply. When I refer to...
Being Blonde is a blast, but being a brunette has it's advantages as well. If you are ready for a change, here are a few methods you can use when going from a bleached blonde to a brunette.