Easy and Very Light Chocolate, Peanut Butter, and Rice Crispy Balls
What Do They Taste Like?
These surprisingly light treats are like Reese's but with crispy crunch. The peanut butter balls can be rolled up to a day in advance. You can package these in decorative cellophane bags and tie with ribbon.
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cups unsalted butter
- 3 cups crispy rice cereal
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- In a sauce pan, combine peanut butter and butter over low heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the crispy rice cereal and powdered sugar.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over cereal mixture and bring together using a silcone spatula.
- Scoop a rounded teaspoon full of peanut butter mixture and roll into balls.
- Place on rimmed cookie sheets and refrigerate until firm.
- Place an inch of water in a sauce pan, and place a metal bowl on top of it to create a double boiler. Melt the chocolate and stir occasionally until smooth.
- Using a spoon, roll the ball into the chocolate and returned to a lined baking sheet. Make 105 balls.
- Return baking sheet to the refrigerator until the chocolate is firm.
More by this Author
The best part about the Christmas season is the color. People decorate with Christmas lights, their Christmas tree, and their homes. Cities decorate their lamp posts. For cupcake lovers, it is a time to decorate...
- 7Do You Know The Meaning of "Shakabuku," A Basic Buddhist Word Commonly Used In Society and in Pop Culture?
Grosse Pointe Blank (1997) Debi: You know what you need? Marty: What? Debi: Shakabuku. Marty: You wanna tell me what that means? Debi: It's a swift, spiritual kick to the head that alters your reality forever. ...
It is time to think about cute Christmas cookies again. What makes a cookie cute? Hare are some of the answers -- animals, color, Christmas-themed, simplicity in idea, winter, stars, snowflakes. Because they are so...