Easy Easter Bird Nest Coconut Macaroon Cookies Recipe
Coconut macaroon cookie recipe - adaptable for any holiday!
I made these coconut birds nest macaroon cookies for Easter this year and they were a huge hit. So much so that my family was stealing them off the rack before they were even cool! I doubled up on the recipe here because I wanted at least 3 dozen cookies. If you want less you can half the recipe but I somehow feel 18 cookies is just not enough!
The birds nest cookies I made for the holiday, but you can also make these coconut macaroons without the nutella, chocolate or candies added. This would be a very easy recipe to adapt for any holiday - for Christmas this year I plan to add red strawberry or cherry filling instead of the nutella.
This is a very easy recipe for Coconut Macaroon cookies. Enjoy!
- Prep time: 20 min
- Cook time: 17 min
- Ready in: 37 min
- Yields: 36 cookies
- 1 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large egg whites
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 7 cups sweetened coconut
- 2 cups Nutella (or melted chocolate), optional
- Hawaiian punch jelly beans (or candy of your choice), optional
More yummy cookie recipes
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Put parchment paper on the baking pans so the cookies don't stick.
- In a large bowl, stir the sweetened condensed milk, egg white, vanilla extract and salt. Mix these together.Then add in the coconut and mix again. Make sure all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed together.
- With an ice cream scooper, scoop the dough and form the cookie into a ball. Press down onto the prepared cookie sheet. Press down the center with your thumb if you are making the birds nest cookies. If not just slightly flatten the ball down onto the sheet.
- Bake cookies for 17 to 20 minutes until slightly golden brown. Remove from the oven (I like my macaroon bottoms to be a toasty golden brown) Press your thumb down in the center of the nests again (be careful the cookies are hot!)
- Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for about 5 minutes or until they are firm and set. Remove with a flat spatula onto a cooling rack. Cool completely.
- If you are making the nest cookies, place about a teaspoon of Nutella (or melted chocolate) in the center of each nest. Place 3 jelly beans (or candy of your choice) in the center of the nest. Finish decorating the nests and serve.
- Note-you can make these 2-3 days in advance. Store in an air tight container on the counter. Be careful not to stack them tightly together to avoid nutella sticking to other cookies.
Easter-Spring Coconut Macaroon Cookies
More by this Author
The cost of a money order at Walmart is $0.70. I have been using Walmart for years to get money orders and I also used a Walmart Money Card for many years when I did not have a checking account.
You can give your puppies and dogs shots by yourself if you cannot afford to take your puppies to the vet. You can learn how to do this here with these step by step instructions and what you need.
If you hit your head hard and are now feeling foggy, having head pain, or having trouble remembering, you may have a concussion. Check these symptoms and see if you need to go to the doctor.