Fascinating Food Firsts
Most people know that Neil Armstrong was the first person on the moon but I found some other interesting first, food first actually
- In 1974 Wrigleys Spearmint Gum was the first item to have a BARCODE on it
- The first eating place to call itself a Restaurant was Champ d'Oiseau in Paris. There slogan translated in English was "Come to me all whose stomachs grumble,and I will restore you" , which is why the owner called himself a restaurateur (restorer)
- The first potato chips ever were in 1853 at the Moon Lake House Hotel when a guest complained to the chef that the fried potatoes were to chunky. The chef was insulted so to teach the man a lesson he went to the kitchen and sliced the potatoes really thin and fried them until they were really crisp, but instead of making the man mad they proved extremely popular
- The first Popsicle was discovered in 1923 by a lemonade salesman who left his glass of lemonade out on the windowsill overnight with a spoon in it. The next morning when he pulled the spoon out he found himself holding the worlds first Popsicle
- On July 15, 1869 a Frenchman produced a butter substitute. He called it margarine because of its pearly whiteness, maragaron being the Greek word for pearl
- The first breakfast cereal was made in 1893 and was shredded wheat by a dyspeptic American lawyer as an aid to digestion
- Pop-rocks were first invented in the 1970's by mistake while trying to create an instant soda pop
- The First Chef Salad was created by a chef who was losing money and wanted to find a way to get use of the excess scraps from the other entrees served. Thus The Chef Salad was born with scraps of Turkey,Bacon,Ham, eggs, and numerous other bits of ingredients
More by this Author
Now I know alot of people consider Zombies, Vampires, and Masked Muderers part of a "Monster Movie" list, thats why i put "Creatures" This list is made up of the other terrible...
I almost named this Hub the "Don't Go Into The Water Series" haha , but then i thought of a few animal movies than were land based. I love any movie where nature comes back to literally bite us in the ass! So...
list cenobites all cenobites hellraiser creatures pinhead chatter chatterer HELLRAISER The Twins Angelique Butter Ball