Nutrition And Health Benefits Of Vegetable And 100% Fruit Juice Recipes
Fruit juices are a smart addition to your diet, providing vitamins and minerals and score a lot higher on health cards when compared with a carbonated beverage.
When you go home after a hard day's work and reach for a drink in the refrigerator, chances are that you can take a minute to try and decide between those nice-looking soft drinks and the fruit juices. Although some may decide on the juices, others would prefer to settle for a can of soda.
According to a recent study, cutting down on soft drinks may reduce the risk of a stroke by 8% and coronary heart disease by nearly 5%. Reducing sugar sweetened soft drinks and sugar consumption may be an important dietary policy to lower blood pressure and further reduce other diseases related to blood pressure.
On the other hand, fruit juices are an excellent addition to any well-balanced diet, providing vitamins and mineral supplements. Fresh fruit juice is also a handy way for adults and children to help achieve the recommended number of daily servings of fruits and vegetables.
When it comes to juices vs. soft drinks, the juices win the health battle hands down. Not only they are more refreshing than the carbonated drinks, but also have several health benefits that none of the soft drinks can ever live up to. In addition, each juice has its own advantages.
Juice it up!
So read on to choose which one’s going to be your pick of the day:
- APPLE JUICE: Apple juice is recommended for people suffering from obesity, diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, liver and kidney diseases and gout.
- BEET JUICE: Is great for constipation, anemia and heart diseases. It is a body cleanser and lowers blood pressure. You can take it in small doses or mix it with carrot juice. Keep beet root juice in the refrigerator for few hours before drinking.
- CUCUMBER JUICE: Brings blood pressure to normal and is good for your teeth, gums, nails and hair. It also helps to improve memory.
- TOMATO JUICE: If you are on a diet, then tomato juice is what you should have. It strengthens your immune system and contains natural antioxidants vitamins A and C.
CARROT JUICE: Improves vision, strengthens immune system, lowers heart disease related inflammation. It also helps to increase the growth and repair of skin cells and blood cells.
Apple Juice Recipe With Lemon!
- 10 apples
- 2 tsp. lemon juice (Optional)
- Sugar (Optional, To taste)
How to Make Apple Juice:
- Wash the apples
- Remove their cores and slice the apples
- Boil until soft, with enough water to cover them
- Strain it and add your sugar then stir until dissolved
- Dilute your juice with water and stir in 2 tsp. of lemon juice
- Serve together with ice cubess in a glass
Beet Root Juice With Carrot!
Few things to consider before preparing beet juice:
- Beet juice are best when taken in small amounts and should always be mixed with other vegetables or fruit juices. Pure beet juice can paralyze your vocal chords and increase your heart rate.
- Beets with leaf
and all are rich in oxalic acid and people who have kidney stones, gout,
arthritis, osteoporosis and stomach irritation should avoid them.
- Avoid having calcium rich vegetables and food with beet.
- 1 Beet, leafs and all
- 4 Carrots
- 3 Celery Stalks
- 1 Apple
Method of making Beet Root Juice:
- Clean the ingredients. Peel the apples, carrots and beetroots.
- Chop the fruits and vegetables into a size that is comfortable for the mixer/juicer.
- Juice and add a little water to make it thinner.
- Add sugar if needed.
- Juice again and serve chilled.
More by this Author
For wannabe fathers who are worried about low sperm counts, practice these 6 Yoga Exercises To Increase Sperm Count and enjoy a healthy sex life. Benefits of these 6 Yoga Exercises: Regulate blood flow to the...