Healthy Wrap Sandwich Ideas
Are you looking for a healthy and delicious option for lunches to take to work or school? Why not consider wrap or pita sandwiches?
Tortilla and flat bread wraps and pita bread circles are available at just about every supermarket.
They're affordable and available in a wide range of flavors, varying from plain to spinach and sun dried tomato. There are while flour, whole grain, and even low carb options available.
If you keep a few packs of tortillas or flat bread wraps in your refrigerator or pantry, you'll always be just a few ingredients away from a delicious lunch or snack to eat home or to enjoy on the go.
Tasty Wrap Sandwich Ideas
Consider filling your favorite types of wraps with the following ingredients:
- Asian Chicken Wrap – Create a tasty wrap by combining hopped roasted or smoked chicken, shredded cabbage, shredded carrots, chow mien noodles, and teriyaki sauce.
- Avocado Veggie Wrap – Enjoy a delicious vegetarian wrap that includes avocado slices, shredded lettuce, sliced tomatoes, baby spinach leaves, alfalfa sprouts, sliced provolone cheese, and ranch dressing.
- BLT Wrap – Create a traditional favorite in a wrap format with cooked bacon slices, mayonnaise, shredded lettuce, sliced tomato.
- Club Wrap – Make a club sandwich in a wrap with shaved ham, roast beef, and turkey paired with cooked bacon slices, shredded lettuce, sliced tomato, mayonnaise, and mustard.
- Ham and Cheddar Wrap – Enjoy a classic ham and cheese sandwich on a wrap by combining shaved ham, shredded cheddar cheese, shredded lettuce, sliced tomato mayonnaise, and mustard.
- Italian Wrap – Enjoy a tasty Italian lunch with a wrap filled with sliced salami, sliced pastrami, provolone cheese, and olive salad.
- Roasted Chicken Wrap – Use dinner leftovers to create a cold wrap sandwich featuring chopped roasted chicken (homemade or from your favorite supermarket or deli), sliced Provolone or cheddar cheese, shredded lettuce, tomatoes, mayonnaise, and mustard.
- Turkey and Swiss Wrap – Shaved turkey, sliced Swiss cheese, shredded lettuce, sliced tomato mayonnaise, and mustard.
- Turkey Cobb Wrap – Instead of Cobb salad, enjoy a Cobb wrap made with shaved turkey, crumbled bacon, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, diced avocado, and ranch dressing.
- Veggie Wrap – Enjoy a tasty veggie wrap filled with whredded lettuce, sliced tomatoes, diced cucumbers, alfalfa sprouts, sliced mushrooms, strips of green peppers, and slices of red onion, topped with ranch dressing.
- Waldorf Chicken Salad Wrap – Create a delicious wrap with your favorite homemade or deli chicken salad, chopped apple, seedless grapes, and chopped walnuts.
These sandwich ideas are just the "tip of the iceberg" when it comes to creating easy and tasty wrap sandwiches that you can enjoy at work, school, or at home. What ideas do you have? Post your favorite combinations of wrap sandwich ingredients in the comments section below!
More by this Author
Are you looking for a great place to enjoy a leisurely Sunday brunch in Mobile, AL. There are many great places where you can enjoy a wonderful weekend brunch meal all over town. 4 Favorite Restaurants for Sunday...