3-Ingredient Graham Cracker Pie Crust Recipe
It took me way too long to realize that homemade is almost always better than store-bought, especially when it comes to pie crust!
One day when I feeling a little bit "Suzy Homemaker," I decided to go out on a limb and try making my own crust for my cream cheese pie. I couldn't believe the result! Only 3 ingredients and a few minutes of my time yielded a crust that completely transformed the taste of my (already infamous) pie. I was hooked and will never go back.
This Crust is Perfect For:
...Cheesecakes! I typically pair it with my no-bake cream cheese pie (shown in the picture above).
- 1 1/2 Cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 Cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup (or 1 stick) Butter, melted
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and sugar using a fork. Make sure clumps of sugar are broken up.
- Slowly pour in melted butter, mixing it in with the fork. The mixture should turn darker in color, and it should be easily compacted when you press on it with a spoon. If it doesn't pack well (like brown sugar does), slowly add more butter until it does.
- Pour the mixture into a 9-inch pie pan. Pack it down with the back of a spoon, as shown in the picture on the right. Start in the middle and work your way out toward the edges.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
This recipe can be easily tailored to individual taste. For thinner crust, reduce the amount of graham cracker crumbs by 1/2 cup and reduce the butter as needed. For thicker crust, add 1/2 cup of graham cracker crumbs and add another 1/4 stick of butter. Play with this recipe and find out what you like best!
More by this Author
Ramen noodles are great for a quick and easy meal, but they can get boring. Here is a way to add some flavor and variation to your Ramen Noodles!
Do you like to eat plain oatmeal, but get tired of the bland taste? Here are some ideas for adding some flavor!
Detailed instructions on what you should do if you accidentally clip your parakeet's nail too short.
No comments yet.