How To Make Milk Tea
A Healthy Way To Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth
I enjoy drinking milk teas because first of all, they are delicious, and second of all, they are still healthy! My boyfriend and I have been making these almost daily for about a year now, we use sugar substitutes to reduce our sugar intake and not to mention, what is healthier than tea? This is also a good way to take in calcium if you don't like the taste of milk. I highly suggest trying this recipe and mixing it up with different flavors of teas, how does chocolate hazelnut sound?
- 1 Tea Bag -I usually use Vanilla Chai or Vanilla Caramel tea, it is hard to find Thai tea leaves in America, but it makes delicious drinks and is available online.
- About 1 1/2 cups of milk -2% is my go-to milk for everything, your choice of milk affects the creaminess of the drink. Thai tea is traditionally made with condensed milk, however most milk types are suitable for this recipe.
- Sugar/ Sweet 'n Low -I like to use sugar substitutes for this drink I typically add 2 Sweet n' Low packets, when using something else, sweeten to taste.
- Ice -this is not necessary but generally preferred.
- Tapioca -another item that is not necessary, in fact a lot of people do not like them, but to be considered "bubble tea," tapioca is generally added.
- And of course a Cup, I usually use a medium glass unless I am feeling particularly thirsty, in which case i will double the recipe for a large cup.
- Put about 1 1/2 Inches of water in the bottom of the cup and place the tea bag in it with the string hanging out.
- Place the cup in the microwave for 1 minute or until it boils.
- Carefully remove the cup, if the tea has brewed discard the tea bag.
- Mix in your sweetener, and then fill the cup with milk, remember to leave space for the ice!
More by this Author
My fish have been through a lot over the last few weeks, First a temporary move to my boyfriend's apartment, and then a move to my new place. Unfortunately there were a few (hopefully dead now) problems. Roaches....
No comments yet.